Mini Cheddar-BBQ Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
These Mini Cheddar BBQ Turkey Meatloaf Muffins make for a fun and easy weeknight meal. They are healthy and a great make-ahead or meal prep recipe as well. My kids love them!
I don’t make meatloaf – of any kind – very often, for no other reason other than it just doesn’t come to mind when I think of what to make for dinner. That’s probably because I didn’t really grow up eating meatloaf, so it doesn’t really fall into the everyday comfort food category for me. Does it for you?
There are two meatloaf recipes that I have made over the years when I have made meatloaf and they have become my go-to meatloaf recipes. They are both very different from each other and it just depends on whether or not I want a more traditional recipe like this copycat Boston Market Meatloaf recipe, or a lighter but oh so delicious one like Barefoot Contessa’s Turkey Meatloaf (I love this one!!).
Anytime I do make meatloaf, my meat loving husband is a happy man. And after making these Mini Cheddar-BBQ Turkey Meatloaf Muffins apparently now I know that my children are both fans as well. I guess I know whats going into the dinner rotation more frequently (along with this Mini Honey Mustard Meatloaf recipe we love).
I was inspired to make this mini versions of meatloaf from my friend Liz, who writes the blog The Lemon Bowl (I’ve been finding myself stalking her blog for dinner ideas quite frequently, along with Melanie’s blog, Nutritious Eats). It’s nice to get ideas from other busy moms that like to eat food you like to eat, and have to still feed young children food that they will like as well – I’m always inspired by both ladies!
These turkey meatloaf muffins came together super easily and quickly, using ingredients I always have on hand.
Side Dish Recipes For Mini Turkey Meatloaf Dinner
Other veggie side dishes for this dinner:
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcerstershire sauce
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 15oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained well (give them a good squeeze to get all the moisture out)
- 3 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add all the ingredients for the meatloaf mixture into a large bowl and using your hands gently combine. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non stick spray. Add meatloaf mixture evenly among cups.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, barbecue sauce and mustard. Spoon or brush evenly over meatloaf muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes until you see the muffins bubbling and start to slightly separate from sides of muffin pan. Turn broiler on for 2-4 minutes to get the tops nice and browned.
Keywords: ground turkey, meatloaf, meal prep, dinner, barbecue
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!