Orange Walnut Crusted Salmon
Orange Walnut Crusted Salmon is a great option for a fresh and light dinner. High in protein, low in carbs and heart healthy – ready in just under 30 minutes! This recipe was created in partnership with Fisher Nuts.
Since the new year began, I have been really making an effort to cook more healthy meals at home to avoid eating out. Sometimes that is easier said than done. With trying to cook more at home, I am also trying to add some variety to our meals – as much as we love them, we have been getting a little bored of our go-to dinners.
I don’t cook salmon very often and when I do I always wonder why not. This Orange Walnut Crusted Salmon was pretty effortless and the entire meal was ready in just under 30 minutes. It’s a light, high in protein, low in carb meal and with all the omega-3s in the salmon and walnuts, it’s heart healthy too. It’s pretty much a winner all around in my book.
The topping is so flavorful and only has a few key ingredients – walnuts, fresh squeezed orange juice, honey and a little oil. That’s it!
This delicious nut topping can easily be made with pecans as well. This is my 5th year working with Fisher Nuts and I am always including their nuts in my recipes. I love the fresh flavor of Fisher Nuts and their resealable bags are super convenient for storage – I keep mine in my fridge and add them to salads and yogurt daily. I typically see them in the baking aisle in my local grocery store, but if you are having trouble finding them they are now available for purchase on Amazon.
Here are a few cooking tips while preparing this Orange Walnut Crusted Salmon:
- Use the measuring spoon for the oil first, then honey. The honey easily pours out of the spoon without sticking when you do it this way.
- Bake the salmon on the middle rack to avoid burning the walnuts in the topping. Keep an eye on the nuts during those last few minutes!
- Let the salmon rest in the baking dish for just a couple minutes before serving to allow the liquid from the topping to thicken up a bit – spoon it over each piece of salmon for extra flavor.
I’ve already made this twice and my family loved it – you can’t beat easy salmon recipes like this. It’s officially part of the dinner rotation!
Orange Walnut Crusted Salmon
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 salmon filets (about 1 - 1 1/4 lb)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other light oil)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- zest from 1 orange
- 3/4 cup chopped Fisher Walnut Halves & Pieces (or Fisher Chopped Walnuts)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degree oven. Place salmon filets in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Pat each piece of salmon with a paper towel to remove excess water. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, honey, orange juice, zest and chopped walnuts until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon evenly over each piece of salmon.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until salmon is cooked through (flakes with a fork).
Follow AggiesKitchen on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from the blog! Use the hashtag #aggieskitchen - I'd love to see what you are cooking up!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.
Trying to add more heart-healthy, easy salmon recipes to your meals? Check out these:
Lemon Dill Salmon with Cucumber Herb Sauce | Reluctant Entertainer
Honey Garlic Salmon | iFoodReal
Caribbean Jerk Salmon Bowl with Mango Salsa| Pinch Of Yum
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!