Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs
Smoked salmon scrambled eggs are a healthy and delicious way to enjoy scrambled eggs. This easy salmon recipe makes a great breakfast or weekend brunch.
Breakfast is pretty straight-forward in our house. Most mornings we make a couple of scrambled eggs, toast and fruit. My son usually asks for his favorite oatmeal. On school mornings, I tend to grab a smoothie to go. Every now on then on the weekends, I wake up and cook up a big batch of pancakes. Nothing fancy, just the basic good breakfast food.
When I want to treat the hubby to a breakfast that I know will make him happy, I pick up a package of smoked salmon, some cream cheese and some good bagels (have you ever tried these? Love having them in the freezer!). He introduced me to lox and bagels years ago and its something that we love having every now and then. Especially on lazy weekend mornings.
A couple of weekends ago, he came home with some smoked salmon and since I can’t really have it while I’m pregnant (or can I? Is smoked still raw?), I decided to slice up some of it and add it to some scrambled eggs instead. It’s been a while since I cooked up smoked salmon scrambled eggs, and it is still so good! To keep things light, I paired it up with a slice of multigrain toast and a shmear of cream cheese with some freshly chopped chives sprinkled over it all.
Smoked salmon scrambled eggs are the perfect weekend breakfast, in my opinion.
Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
Yield: serves 2
- 4 eggs
- splash of milk
- 1 teaspoon oil or butter
- half of small onion, chopped
- 2 oz smoked salmon, sliced
- good pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- a couple of tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs well. Add a splash of milk and whisk some more.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil or butter to pan and melt. Add your chopped onions and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until soft.
- Add whisked eggs to pan. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, gently stir the eggs until they start to firm up.
- Add your smoked salmon to the pan and continue to gently stir until eggs are completely cooked. Season well with salt and pepper. Sprinkle freshly chopped chives over eggs and serve.
Follow AggiesKitchen on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from the blog! Use the hashtag #aggieskitchen - I'd love to see what you are cooking up!
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!