Easy Pepper Steak from Add A Pinch Cookbook
Add this Easy Pepper Steak from Add A Pinch Cookbook to your weeknight dinner rotation. Filled with veggies and so quick to pull together in the slow cooker – my family loved it!
I am desperately trying to change up the easy weeknight dinner game these last few weeks. I’m looking through cookbooks and magazines for ideas and something new to try. My friend Robyn of the popular blog Add A Pinch just released her new cookbook and it couldn’t have arrived at my doorstep at a better time.
Robyn is one of those friends I’ve known since my very early days of blogging, yet have never met in person. I think we have to change that this year Robyn!!! Her cookbook, the Add A Pinch Cookbook is one of the most beautiful cookbooks I’ve seen, filled with gorgeous photos of recipes that have a Southern flair using fresh, seasonal ingredients. I’m all about those fresh seasonal ingredients, as you know.
I have SO many pages bookmarked. When I saw her recipe for Easy Pepper Steak I knew I had to make it right away because my husband LOVES pepper steak. The steak turned out so fork tender in the slow cooker, it was seriously so delicious – and so simple to put together. I don’t cook beef recipes too often so my husband really enjoys when I do.
I took Robyn’s suggestion in the book and instead of rice, I served my dish with cauliflower rice to keep things on the lighter side. I am fairly new to the cauliflower rice craze and since I stocked up on some from Trader Joe’s recently, I’ve been eating it quite often – I love it! The rest of my family ate their steak with brown rice (with a little cauliflower rice mixed in – always finding a way to get more veg in my kids!).
Side note: I’m hooked on cauliflower rice!! To make it, I sautee it in a tiny bit of coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. It’s really a great low carb swap for rice, I’m sold.
Other recipe reviews from Add A Pinch Cookbook:Print
- 2 lbs beef round steak, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Stone House Seasoning (see note)
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into long slices
- 4 or 5 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into slices
- 6 cups cooked long-grain rice, for serving (see note)
- Lightly spray the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with oil and put the steak in the cooker. Add the Worcestershire sauce, flour, paprika and seasoning mix and toss to coat. Add the onion, tomatoes, and green and red peppers.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. To serve, spoon the steak, vegetables and juices over prepared rice.
Stone House Seasoning: 1/4 cup kosher salt, 2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper, 2 teaspoons granulated garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder (makes 1/2 cup seasoning)
Lightened up serving suggestions: use brown rice instead of white rice or cauliflower rice for a lower carb option.
You need a slow cooker for this recipe – this is the slow cooker I use.
Keywords: beef, slow cooker, crock pot
Trying to up your easy weeknight dinner game like me? Try these recipes:
LIKE BEEF? TRY THESE EASY HEALTHY BEEF RECIPES:
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!