- 2 lbs beef round steak, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Stone House Seasoning (see note)
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into long slices
- 4 or 5 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into slices
- 6 cups cooked long-grain rice, for serving (see note)
- Lightly spray the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with oil and put the steak in the cooker. Add the Worcestershire sauce, flour, paprika and seasoning mix and toss to coat. Add the onion, tomatoes, and green and red peppers.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. To serve, spoon the steak, vegetables and juices over prepared rice.
Stone House Seasoning: 1/4 cup kosher salt, 2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper, 2 teaspoons granulated garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder (makes 1/2 cup seasoning)
Lightened up serving suggestions: use brown rice instead of white rice or cauliflower rice for a lower carb option.
You need a slow cooker for this recipe – this is the slow cooker I use.
Keywords: beef, slow cooker, crock pot