Low Carb Beef and Spinach Stuffed Peppers plus more healthy dinner ideas
These Beef and Spinach Stuffed Peppers are a great healthy dinner idea to add to your weekly rotation. Low carb and full of flavor, they are great for meal prep too!
I grew up eating Italian style stuffed peppers like these I posted waaaaay back in 2008. That is my standard family recipe that my grandfather always made and still makes to this day (well, my version at least). Those do take a little more time to cook since I typically stuff the whole pepper, time that I haven’t wanted to invest in cooking a meal lately. The last year or so I finally caught on and started making stuffed pepper “halves” and hello, they cook up so much faster!
I have made these simple Beef and Spinach Stuffed Peppers a few times now and I love how quickly they come together, making them a weekly meal plan regular.
This recipe for Beef and Spinach Stuffed Peppers is pretty straight forward. Only 6 ingredients! I love adding spinach and baby kale (I pick up a bag of this every week) to any ground meat mixture when making tostadas or meat sauces. My family never questions it and it’s something they are used to by now so I’m happy to be able to give them the bonus nutrition when I can.
(Mom tip: start doing this when your kids are young, so it becomes the norm! Also, it’s never too late to start 🙂 )
These stuffed peppers are GREAT for meal prep. They can be reheated easily for lunch or dinner.Print
- 6 medium sized bell peppers, cut longways and seeded
- 1.5 lb lean ground beef
- 3 – 4 handfuls baby spinach and kale blend (I use this one), cut into smaller pieces or torn
- 2 tablespoon your favorite taco or fajita seasoning (I am currently obsessed with this one)
- your favorite salsa (I used this Roasted Tomato Salsa)
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef. Using a wooden spoon, carefully crumble, season with taco season and continue to cook until browned. Add cut spinach and combine until spinach is completely cooked down, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place peppers in a large glass baking dish, sprayed with nonstick spray. Spoon beef and spinach mixture into each pepper half and top with 1 tablespoon salsa. Cook in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes uncovered (check to see if peppers are soft, if they are they are ready to take out. If not add another 5 minutes). Take out and top with about a tablespoon shredded Mexican blend cheese and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Keywords: low carb, beef
These stuffed peppers were included in Kalyn’s Kitchen Ten Low Carb Stuffed Peppers recipes.
LIKE BEEF? TRY THESE EASY HEALTHY BEEF RECIPES:
A few more simple and healthy dinner ideas for you to try:
Salsa Chicken and Bean Tostadas
Spring Vegetable Pasta with Pesto
Leftover Chili Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Find more Healthy Recipes on my Healthy Recipe Pinterest Board:
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!