- 6 medium sized bell peppers, cut longways and seeded
- 1.5 lb lean ground beef
- 3 – 4 handfuls baby spinach and kale blend (I use this one), cut into smaller pieces or torn
- 2 tablespoon your favorite taco or fajita seasoning (I am currently obsessed with this one)
- your favorite salsa (I used this Roasted Tomato Salsa)
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef. Using a wooden spoon, carefully crumble, season with taco season and continue to cook until browned. Add cut spinach and combine until spinach is completely cooked down, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place peppers in a large glass baking dish, sprayed with nonstick spray. Spoon beef and spinach mixture into each pepper half and top with 1 tablespoon salsa. Cook in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes uncovered (check to see if peppers are soft, if they are they are ready to take out. If not add another 5 minutes). Take out and top with about a tablespoon shredded Mexican blend cheese and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Keywords: low carb, beef