5 Ingredient Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe with Turkey and Black Beans
Only 5 ingredients to make this delicious Stuffed Poblano Pepper recipe with Turkey and Black Beans! A light, healthy dinner perfect for weeknights. Leftovers make for great lunches too!
As much as I try, I don’t always leave the grocery store with everything on my list. There are things I forget, and there are things I add on. There are always things I add on. I have trouble walking through the produce section and not leaving with a good amount of extra produce that I have absolutely no official plans for, but couldn’t resist picking up and putting in my cart. Poblano peppers, I haven’t purchased them in forever and there was no way I was going home without them when I saw them the other day.
There were a few things I had in mind for these poblano peppers. I wanted to add them to this Summer White Chicken Chili. I also wanted to remake this Kicked Up Cucumber Salad from years ago.
Instead, the idea for stuffing them came into mind and I went with it. So glad, because these Stuffed Poblano Peppers turned out amazing and fed me some easy lunch for a couple days I made them for dinner.
The best part? 5 ingredients. Somehow I pulled off 5 ingredients, thanks to some green salsa I had in my pantry. Of course if you felt the need, you could make these extra tasty by adding in some chopped garlic and onion to the turkey mixture but I wasn’t having that kind of day. Maybe next time.
I topped them with a little bit of shredded pepper jack cheese which gave it the perfect kick. If you aren’t into the heat from pepper jack, any shredded cheddar or cheddar jack cheese would work just fine.
If you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (after you’ve tried it) and take picture and tag it #aggieskitchen on Instagram. I’d love to see it what you’re cooking!Print
5 Ingredient Stuffed Poblano Peppers Recipe with Turkey and Black Beans
- Yield: 4 servings, 2 pepper halves each serving 1x
- Category: Ground Turkey
- Method: Oven
Only 5 ingredients to make these delicious Stuffed Poblano Peppers recipe with Turkey and Black Beans! A light, healthy dinner perfect for weeknights. Leftovers make for great lunches too!
- 4 poblano peppers, sliced in half and seeded
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa verde, divided
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place ground turkey in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Brown turkey for about 8-10 minutes, crumbling with a wooden spoon. Season with a pinch of coarse salt and pepper. Once browned and cooked through, stir in beans and 3/4 cup of salsa and reduce heat. Let simmer for about 3-5 minutes until extra liquid is absorbed.
- Line up poblano halves in a 9×13 glass baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Spoon in turkey and black bean mixture into each pepper. Top each pepper with spoonfuls of remaining 1/4 of salsa. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove foil and top each pepper with a little shredded cheese. Place back into oven and cook for another 10 – 15 minutes until cheese is melted and peppers are soft.
More poblano peppers recipes for you to try:
Slow Cooker White Chicken Tortilla Soup
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!
Your SSL certificate expired on 1 May. People cannot visit the site.
thank you so much for letting me know! I got it fixed. I really appreciate it.
Thanks. Can’t wait to try it