- 4 poblano peppers, sliced in half and seeded
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa verde, divided
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place ground turkey in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Brown turkey for about 8-10 minutes, crumbling with a wooden spoon. Season with a pinch of coarse salt and pepper. Once browned and cooked through, stir in beans and 3/4 cup of salsa and reduce heat. Let simmer for about 3-5 minutes until extra liquid is absorbed.
- Line up poblano halves in a 9×13 glass baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Spoon in turkey and black bean mixture into each pepper. Top each pepper with spoonfuls of remaining 1/4 of salsa. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove foil and top each pepper with a little shredded cheese. Place back into oven and cook for another 10 – 15 minutes until cheese is melted and peppers are soft.