Aggie's Kitchen

Spinach Salad with Fresh Late Summer Peaches, Gorgonzola and Almonds

Although I admitted my cravings for chili yesterday, I’m also still (and always) craving a good salad. I just have to share with you the salad that I can’t get enough of lately. Believe me when I say that I’ve been eating it every weekday for the last 2 weeks. Everything about it just works and I insist you make one before the juicy peaches disappear from the markets.

This is a non-recipe, always the best kind of recipes right? I started seeing peaches on salads this summer and wasn’t sure I would like it at first. Boy was I wrong. The salad dressing I’m using for it is a recent discovery as well and would be perfect for any salad that is paired with fruit.

Enjoy and have a great week!

Print Recipe

Spinach Salad with Fresh Late Summer Peaches, Gorgonzola and Almonds

• fresh baby spinach leaves
  • 1 oz crumbled gorgonzola
  • 2 heaping tablespoons sliced almonds
  • 1 peach, sliced or cut in chunks
  • Annie's Organic Papaya Poppyseed dressing or your favorite poppyseed dressing

1. Combine all ingredients in large bowl or plate to make one salad. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy.

Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!

21 Responses to “Spinach Salad with Fresh Late Summer Peaches, Gorgonzola and Almonds”

1. IdaBaker posted September 17, 2012 at 8:40 am

I never thought I would like a fruit/greens salad, until I tried pears with Gorgonzola cheese. Talk about yummy!

I have a similar feeling about this salad. I love peaches!!

2. bellini posted September 17, 2012 at 9:26 am

The best salads are those that are thrown together. This combination just works, and works well!!!

3. Cassie posted September 17, 2012 at 11:14 am

Yes, I love a good salad, especially one with warm flavors like gorgonzola and almonds. This looks wonderful!

4. Deborah posted September 17, 2012 at 3:15 pm

This seriously has my mouth watering. I HAVE to try it before the peaches are gone!

5. Jen @ Savory Simple posted September 18, 2012 at 7:35 am

Nothing irritates me more than when people talk smack about salads. Clearly, they’ve never had a good salad like this one! I love anything with peaches and this is right up my alley.

6. Jamie @ Thrifty Veggie Mama posted September 18, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I love a good salad too. However, I sometimes get too lazy to make them during the day! This salad looks great. Love nectarines!

7. marla posted September 19, 2012 at 1:04 am

Still lots of peaches in the store, thank goodness ~ so I can try this :)

• Aggies Kitchen posted September 20, 2012 at 11:02 am

I know, I’m grabbing them every time I see them!

8. Wow! My mouth is literally watering!! There are so many things I’m loving about this salad. I love that its loaded with fiber-licious spinach and flavored up with peaches. Then there is the gorgonzola! Yum! You are totally speaking my language with this post. :)

9. leslie posted September 19, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Non recipes are indeed the best. Looks light and delicious Aggie!

10. Paula - bell'alimento posted September 19, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I’m going to have to try and get my hands on some peaches now…

11. Angie posted September 20, 2012 at 11:03 am

I love fresh salads! This looks so pretty!

12. Tickled Red posted September 21, 2012 at 10:40 am

We still have a bounty of peaches here, so I can’t wait to make this. xoxo

13. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen posted September 22, 2012 at 11:02 pm

My goodness that salad looks totally amazing!

14. JulieD posted September 23, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I love peaches…I love that you added them a salad!

15. Stacie @OneHungryMama posted October 1, 2012 at 10:24 pm

This looks so delicious!

1. Pingback: Skillet Peach Cobbler Dessert Recipe - Savory Simple

2. Pingback: Brown Butter Peach Milkshakes | the little kitchen

3. Pingback: Mustard and Chive Potato Salad | Aggie's Kitchen

4. Pingback: This week’s menu…. | "Today..."

5. Pingback: Pretzel Panzanella Salad - Bourbon and Honey