Smoked Sausage and White Bean Soup with Spinach
It’s definitely soup season and one of my family’s favorite soups is this Smoked Sausage and White Bean Soup with Spinach. It will warm you right up!
Soup is one of my go-to foods when I feel that I need to reset and recharge my eating habits. It’s filling, it’s healthy (if you make it healthy, of course) and it’s usually really easy to pull together any day of the week. One of my favorite soups to make is this Smoked Sausage and White Bean Soup with Spinach.
This soup is filled with staple ingredients that I almost always have in my pantry and fridge. Beans and basic veggies like carrots, celery and onions are really essential ingredients to almost all of my soups so I try to always have them on hand. I love using this chicken apple sausage and usually have a few packages in the freezer (it takes no time at all to defrost!). It really does make for a perfect weeknight soup and leftovers are great for lunch the next day.
I’m all about leftovers for lunch the next day.
Hope you are all having a great week!
Smoked Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup
Yield: about 6 servings
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 links Apple Chicken Sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic, minced
- 2 celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 15 oz cans Bush's Cannelini Beans, with liquid
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 10 oz bag fresh spinach
- big pinch coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken sausage to pot and brown for 3-4 minutes. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrots to pot and cook for 3-4 minutes until vegetables start to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add beans, water and chicken broth to pot. Bring to a slow boil, then reduce down to low-medium heat. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in fresh spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Follow AggiesKitchen on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from the blog! Use the hashtag #aggieskitchen - I'd love to see what you are cooking up!
More soup for you!
Check out some of my most favorite and popular soups – I love to fill the pot up with lots of veggies, beans and lean protein. I enjoy soup all year ’round but especially in the cooler months. Nothing like a bowl of goodness for lunch or dinner to warm you up!
and from some of my friends:
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup | Well Plated by Erin
Slow Cooker Minestrone with Quinoa | Rachel Cooks
Slow Cooker Chicken Lentil Soup with Avocado | Cookin’ Canuck
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!