Lemony Green Bean Pasta Salad with Walnuts
This Lemony Green Bean Pasta Salad with Walnuts is summer on a plate! Enjoy as light meal or vegetarian dish for your next barbecue or picnic. This post is sponsored by Fisher Nuts.
Years ago, I discovered this Green Bean Salad with Feta recipe in a Southern Living magazine and made it pretty much every time there was a family get together or pot luck. I was obsessed with it and it became my signature recipe (at least in my mind). I love green beans, more so in a salad form than any other way. Especially in the summertime.
I decided to turn my beloved Green Bean Salad into this Lemony Green Bean Pasta Salad, making it more of a meal. I don’t know about you, but I appreciate pasta salads during the summer because it means not having to really cook if you aren’t in the mood for anything too heavy. This green bean pasta salad is simple but filled with so much flavor. It includes veggies, walnuts, feta and whole wheat pasta so it is filling and substantial in the best way possible. I made the switch to whole wheat pasta over 10 years ago and it’s all my family eats now, but feel free to use your favorite type of pasta.
The walnuts in this pasta salad recipe add so much much texture and … CRUNCH! I love it. Adding nuts to pasta is a great way to enjoy them and make things interesting. If you want to try another pasta recipe with nuts, I shared this Pasta with Ricotta, Zucchini and Walnuts last year and it’s absolutely delicious. I use Fisher Nuts in all my recipes not only because they are absolutely delicious, but because they are non-GMO and preservative free. The resealable bag is a nice plus too.
To perk up the lemony flavor of this salad, I decided to flavor up the nuts a bit with my beloved lemon pepper seasoning. You all know how much I love lemon pepper, right?
Let me introduce you to toasted lemon pepper walnuts. These need to be on every salad!
You can easily eat this a light meal, serve it as a vegetarian dish for a barbecue or eat with some cold rotisserie chicken for dinner like I did. Or, even better, pack it up and take it to the beach! (That’s what I plan to do today.) I also think avocado would be a great addition to it.
- 1/2 lb whole wheat pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 2 –3 cups trimmed green beans
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced thin
- 2 oz crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup Fisher Walnut Halves & Pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse lemon pepper seasoning
- juice from 1 lemon, 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup oil
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Steam green beans until crisp tender, about 4-5 minutes. (Refer to one of these 3 methods to steam your green beans).
- To prepare lemon pepper seasoned walnuts: in a small bowl combine walnuts with oil, lemon pepper seasoning and a pinch of coarse salt. Add to a preheated dry skillet over medium heat. Warm walnuts in pan for about 3 minutes, stirring every so often, until fragrant and toasted.
- To prepare vinaigrette: in a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, Dijon mustard and oil. Season with coarse salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cooled pasta with green beans and toss. Add red onion, walnuts and feta along with dressing and stir until combined. Taste for salt and pepper and add to taste.
This is a sponsored post and recipe written by me on behalf of Fisher nuts.The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Aggie’s Kitchen!
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!