- 1/2 lb whole wheat pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 2 –3 cups trimmed green beans
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced thin
- 2 oz crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup Fisher Walnut Halves & Pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse lemon pepper seasoning
- juice from 1 lemon, 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup oil
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Steam green beans until crisp tender, about 4-5 minutes. (Refer to one of these 3 methods to steam your green beans).
- To prepare lemon pepper seasoned walnuts: in a small bowl combine walnuts with oil, lemon pepper seasoning and a pinch of coarse salt. Add to a preheated dry skillet over medium heat. Warm walnuts in pan for about 3 minutes, stirring every so often, until fragrant and toasted.
- To prepare vinaigrette: in a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, Dijon mustard and oil. Season with coarse salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cooled pasta with green beans and toss. Add red onion, walnuts and feta along with dressing and stir until combined. Taste for salt and pepper and add to taste.