Chipotle Chicken Chili
This Chipotle Chicken Chili recipe was created in partnership with Bush’s Beans.
I have a great Chipotle Chicken Chili recipe for you today. I love making chili and as often as I make it I tend to stick with my usual turkey chili recipe for most weeknight meals. This week I wanted to change things up and honestly, I wanted to specifically kick things up and make it spicier than usual. If you didn’t already know, I love spicy food and I really enjoy experimenting with different chili powders when I make chili. This Chipotle Chicken Chili is pretty simple to put together, but the flavor from the chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, Bush’s Chili Kidney Beans and my little secret ingredient is out of this world.
If you like a warm spicy flavor, then I think you will really dig this Chipotle Chicken Chili.
Of course, when I’m serving chili I’m all about the toppings – scallions, cilantro, Greek yogurt or sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and avocado are a must. If you need an idea for an easy casual get together with friends and family, then a chili party really is a great option – make your chili ahead of time (consider doubling the recipe if you are feeding a lot of people), stick in the slow cooker to stay warm and set out a bunch of bowls of toppings along with some tortillas and you are set to party! I have a friend who has an annual chili party at her house every fall, such a fun way to get together with people.
Chili is not just great for entertaining, but makes for a pretty easy weeknight meal – especially leftovers!
If you need some more chili inspiration, this Ultimate Chili Guide from my friends at Bush’s Beans will really get you in the chili making mood – so many delicious combinations from the protein you choose to the beans and veggies you add into the pot, the ideas are endless. Chef Jeffrey Saad shares his chili tips on how to build a mouthwatering chili recipe your family and friends will love!
Chipotle Chicken Chili
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
For the chili:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 2 cans Bush's Chili Red Kidney Beans (with liquid)
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 3 squares milk chocolate, optional
Toppings for serving:
- shredded cheese
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- chopped green onion
- diced avocado
- tortilla chips
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a large heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken and brown for 4-5 minutes, breaking up with a spoon to crumble. Add red onion, red bell pepper, chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika and cumin. Cook vegetables and spices with ground chicken for 4-5 minutes until vegetables soften.
- Add chicken broth (or stock), Bush's Chili Red Kidney Beans and tomato sauce to pot and stir. Let simmer for 30-35 minutes uncovered. If using, stir in 3 squares of milk chocolate toward end of cooking time. Taste for salt and pepper and season accordingly.
- Serve immediately with toppings of choice.
Follow AggiesKitchen on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from the blog! Use the hashtag #aggieskitchen - I'd love to see what you are cooking up!
Find more comforting and delicious recipes on my Soup, Stew and Chili Recipes Pinterest board:
(Disclosure: This recipe was developed in partnership with Bush’s Beans. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Aggie’s Kitchen possible!)
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!