For the chili:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 2 cans Bush’s Chili Red Kidney Beans (with liquid)
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 3 squares milk chocolate, optional
Toppings for serving:
- shredded cheese
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- chopped green onion
- diced avocado
- tortilla chips
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a large heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken and brown for 4-5 minutes, breaking up with a spoon to crumble. Add red onion, red bell pepper, chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika and cumin. Cook vegetables and spices with ground chicken for 4-5 minutes until vegetables soften.
- Add chicken broth (or stock), Bush’s Chili Red Kidney Beans and tomato sauce to pot and stir. Let simmer for 30-35 minutes uncovered. If using, stir in 3 squares of milk chocolate toward end of cooking time. Taste for salt and pepper and season accordingly.
- Serve immediately with toppings of choice.