Baked Hot and Garlic **Zingers**Print
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, sliced into strips
2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs, I use whole wheat panko)
2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
2 cups Frank’s Hot Sauce
2 tsp minced garlic (from jar)
- Season chicken strips with salt and pepper, also drizzle a little olive oil over chicken and toss to coat. Pour panko in a large dish and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip each chicken strip into dish, pressing chicken into panko to coat well.
- Place your baking rack into a cookie sheet. Place breaded chicken strips onto baking rack. Spray breaded chicken strips with olive oil spray or non stick spray (this helps to give them that crispy texture).
- Bake in 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and done.
- In small saucepan, heat up hot sauce and garlic. If you want to tone down the heat of the sauce add butter. Start with 1 TB and go from there.
- Using tongs, gently toss chicken strips with hot sauce and serve with celery, carrots and your favorite blue cheese dressing (mine is Naturally Fresh Lite).
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!