- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, sliced into strips
2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs, I use whole wheat panko)
2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
2 cups Frank’s Hot Sauce
2 tsp minced garlic (from jar)
- Season chicken strips with salt and pepper, also drizzle a little olive oil over chicken and toss to coat. Pour panko in a large dish and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip each chicken strip into dish, pressing chicken into panko to coat well.
- Place your baking rack into a cookie sheet. Place breaded chicken strips onto baking rack. Spray breaded chicken strips with olive oil spray or non stick spray (this helps to give them that crispy texture).
- Bake in 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and done.
- In small saucepan, heat up hot sauce and garlic. If you want to tone down the heat of the sauce add butter. Start with 1 TB and go from there.
- Using tongs, gently toss chicken strips with hot sauce and serve with celery, carrots and your favorite blue cheese dressing (mine is Naturally Fresh Lite).