Lunch For One: Roasted Zucchini and Onion Frittata Wrap

Roasted Zucchini and Feta Frittata Wrap | aggieskitchen.com  #eggs #wrap #zucchini #breakfast #vegetarian

More often than not, I find myself with a small container of leftover roasted vegetables in my fridge. I don’t love eating leftover roasted vegetables on their own, but I do love adding them to other foods – especially frittatas.

This Roasted Zucchini and Onion Frittata Wrap came together in literally just a few minutes. I found myself extremely hungry at lunchtime one day (no surprise) and eggs seem to be my go-to lately. As I look at the picture of the wrap, I have to laugh because it looks HUGE. I was definitely a stuffed pregnant lady after I ate this so I will say this could easily become 2 wraps instead of one. All you would have to do is cut it down the middle after it’s all cooked up, and put each half on a tortilla. Or if you are finding that you have a monstrous appetite one day, then go ahead and eat it all up yourself, no judging here that’s for sure!

And of course, a little ketchup or sriracha only makes it better. ;)

What I love about this frittata wrap is that it would also make a fantastic “breakfast for dinner” option as well.

Lunch For One: Roasted Zucchini and Onion Frittata Wrap

Serving Size: 1

I love lunchtime because I get to experiment with leftovers! I had a small amount of roasted zucchini and onion leftover from weekend to turn this frittata into an absolutely delicious lunch! Leftover roasted vegetables of any kind will work in this recipe.

Ingredients

• 1/2 teaspoon grapeseed oil, or butter (or other oil of choice)
  • 2 eggs, whisked
  • 2 tablespoons leftover roasted zucchini and onion (any roasted vegetables would work here!)
  • 1 oz crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 tortilla (I used Food For Life Brown Rice Tortilla and loved it!)
  • salt and pepper

Instructions

1. Preheat your broiler.
  2. In a nonstick omelet pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add your whisked eggs to pan and let set for a few seconds. Add your roasted vegetables to eggs and begin to carefully move your pan around so that your eggs spread to the outer edges of pan. Use a thin spatula to pull edge of eggs toward middle of pan while you tilt the pan so that the loose eggs fill the space. Set down on the burner and let bottom set for 1-2 minutes.
  3. Sprinkle your feta over egg and vegetable mixture and place under broiler. Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until browned and bubbly. Watch carefully because it browns up quick.
  4. When frittata is browned and cooked through (it will puff up a bit too), carefully take out of the oven using an oven mitt. Slide frittata out of pan and onto your wrap. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and fold into an open ended wrap. Enjoy!

You can easily turn these frittatas into wraps too!

Greek Pepper and Onion Frittata

Kale and Parmesan Frittata

Baby Peas and Cheese Frittata | Family Fresh Cooking

Spinach, Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata | Bake Your Day

38 Responses to “Lunch For One: Roasted Zucchini and Onion Frittata Wrap”

1. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel posted May 22, 2013 at 7:44 am

I don’t have wraps nearly often enough and they’re so simple! I love this frittata wrap idea! Breakfast on the go ;)

2. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar posted May 22, 2013 at 7:47 am

I always have leftover roasted veggies too! Love the sound of this!

3. steph@stephsbitebybite posted May 22, 2013 at 8:00 am

I love wraps, and this one needs to be added to my rotation!

4. Rachel Cooks posted May 22, 2013 at 8:20 am

Looks awesome, Aggie!

5. Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat posted May 22, 2013 at 8:55 am

This sounds like a perfect wrap! Pinning this one, as I definitely need to give it a try!

• Aggies Kitchen posted May 22, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Thank you!

6. Sandy@ReluctantEntertainer posted May 22, 2013 at 9:22 am

Brilliant idea, Aggie. Love this! I’m going to share with Abby, too.

7. Maria posted May 22, 2013 at 9:22 am

I want this for lunch today!

8. Tieghan posted May 22, 2013 at 9:22 am

I love this idea! it look so good all wrapped up!

9. Angie posted May 22, 2013 at 9:31 am

I love this, I might make it for lunch, yummy!

10. Megan {Country Cleaver} posted May 22, 2013 at 10:02 am

I want to make this just so I have an excuse to say “frittata” repeatedly. And say how good this frittata was, and how I’m going to make this frittata every day forever!

• Aggies Kitchen posted May 22, 2013 at 1:05 pm

You absolutely have to make it now. Something about saying “frittata”… makes ya smile :)

11. Meagan @ A Zesty Bite posted May 22, 2013 at 10:36 am

I always have left over vegetables. I need to start making a frittata with them.

• Aggies Kitchen posted May 22, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I find throwing them in a frittata is such a great way to use them up. Usually I have just enough!

12. Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain posted May 22, 2013 at 11:59 am

What a great idea! I really need to get back into wraps! I

13. Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche posted May 22, 2013 at 12:29 pm

This looks great! I’m always looking for new quick lunch ideas :)

14. addie | culicurious posted May 22, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I love this idea. One of my favorite breakfast-for-dinners is tacos so this fits right in :)

Do you use both ketchup and sriracha? Just curious. I’d go with just sriracha, myself.

• Aggies Kitchen posted May 22, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Breakfast tacos sound like a win! I actually did use both ketchup and sriracha this time, but only because I haven’t been too good with spicy stuff (since I got pregnant), I miss sriracha!! So I just put a few drops. I was never a ketchup on my eggs person until this past year when I started making more egg sandwiches for lunch!

15. Erica posted May 22, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I’d pick at those leftovers until they were gone ;) But it’d be worth making up a fresh batch for this yummy wrap!!

16. Trisha @ Vignette posted May 22, 2013 at 2:57 pm

What a wonderful use of leftovers! I’ve never thought to wrap a frittata in a tortilla before – it looks delicious!

17. Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen posted May 22, 2013 at 3:06 pm

What a fun way to use leftovers! Adding this to the lunch rotation for sure!

18. Liz @ The Lemon Bowl posted May 22, 2013 at 3:12 pm

This looks like heaven!!!

19. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking posted May 22, 2013 at 4:22 pm

I always need ideas for new lunches (gotta keep things interesting after all!). This looks so delicious, Aggie!

20. Alyssa (Everyday Maven) posted May 22, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Perfect lunch. I am kind of obsessed right now with onions in eggs. I have taken to pre-chopping extra sweet onion and tossing into the fridge just so it is ready first thing in the AM for my eggs!

21. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory posted May 22, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Nice recipe! It looks great in the pic.

22. Bree {Skinny Mommy} posted May 23, 2013 at 9:11 am

That would be a perfect for one for me too!

23. Sommer @ ASpicyPerspective posted May 23, 2013 at 9:23 am

Great-looking wrap!

24. Bev @ Bev Cooks posted May 23, 2013 at 9:58 am

Yes, yes, and yes.

And yes.

25. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction posted May 23, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I wish I were eating one of these wraps for lunch today!

26. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen posted May 23, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I love lunches like this, so flavorful!

27. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles posted May 24, 2013 at 10:04 am

I wish I had some roasted veggie leftovers for my lunch today, this frittata looks so tasty!!

28. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies posted May 24, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I had a bag of granola for lunch–um yes, this looks WAY better. :D

29. Kirsten@FarmFreshFeasts posted May 24, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Aggie,
    How wickedly clever you are, even for a stuffed pregnant lady! This is a great repurposed leftover idea.

Thanks!

30. Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet posted May 25, 2013 at 12:18 pm

This looks amazing Aggie. A perfect lunch indeed!

31. Shaina posted May 25, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Love the idea of a frittata wrap. I’m terrible at making myself lunch when it’s just me, so this is perfect.

32. Nutmeg Nanny posted May 26, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Oh yum! This wrap looks fantastic! So perfect for lunch time :)

33. Tara @ Unsophisticook posted May 30, 2013 at 9:10 am

What a great way to use up those roasted veggies!

1. Pingback: Weigh-In Wednesday Week 6 | LUNCH