Fruity Greek Yogurt Smoothie

by Aggies Kitchen on May 6, 2013

Fruity Greek Yogurt Smoothie | Aggie's Kitchen

It’s hard to mess up a smoothie in my opinion. Once you get a basic formula down, and you’re using a blend of naturally sweet fruit with yogurt, milk or a little juice, then really the sky is the limit as far as combinations go. If you look in my freezer you could pretty much always find a few bags of frozen fruit ready to be put into a blender. Though I love to eat fresh fruit daily, frozen fruit is usually my go to when it comes to smoothies because I find that it makes them extra creamy and thick, and keeps them extra cold. If your blender isn’t a high powered blender like the Blendtec I use, then I suggest you let the frozen fruit sit in your blender jar a few minutes to defrost a bit and slightly soften up to make it easier on your blender. Always add your liquids to the jar first, then layer with your softest to hardest fruits to get a better blend.

A few weeks ago, Chobani (grab some coupons here!) was nice enough to send me a generous sampling of their larger sized yogurts to try out. I always pick up large containers of their plain non fat Greek yogurt, but usually only stick to the single servings of their flavored ones. Having the resealable larger sized ones in the fridge constantly tempted me to add some to my smoothies, or even to spoon some over my waffle as a topping along with some berries. These days, there are so many recipes that include Greek yogurt, the options are endless. I even went a little crazy and baked up a version of these Peach Yogurt Muffins for my kids (I really need to do that more often, why oh why don’t I like to bake?).

Fruity Greek Yogurt Smoothie | Aggie's Kitchen

This smoothie was a perfect post workout snack for me, but also would be a nice treat to take on the afternoon drive to pick up the kids from school. Smoothies are great any time of day. :)

Enjoy!

Fruity Greek Yogurt Smoothie

This smoothie is packed with protein and sweetened naturally by fruit. What more can you ask for?

Ingredients

• 1 cup pineapple Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
  • couple of splashes of low fat milk
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/4 cup frozen mango
  • 1/4 cup frozen sliced peaches

Instructions

1. Place ingredients into blender starting with Greek yogurt and ending with frozen fruit. Let sit for a few minutes to let frozen fruit defrost just slightly (for easier blending). Blend and enjoy.

More smoothie love:

Refreshing Cantaloupe Smoothie

Banana and Coconut Butter Smoothie

My Green Smoothie

Strawberry Banana Smoothie | Add A Pinch

Pear Me Up Smoothie | Picky Palate

(This is not a sponsored post. Chobani provided me with a generous sampling of their product, but it’s a product I’ve been buying for years. My opinions are always my own.)

Erica May 6, 2013 at 6:50 am

YES! We have tons of frozen fruit on hand for smoothies too. Peach is one of my most favorite add ins (BTW – can’t wait for fresh peaches). Hooray for chobani- great source of protein and so yummy

leslie May 6, 2013 at 6:59 am

You’re right..it’s hard to mess up a smoothie! I love adding yogurt to mine when I want a little extra protein.

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl May 6, 2013 at 7:37 am

Note to self: stock up on more frozen mango and peaches!!! About to make a similar smoothie right now. :)

Tracey May 6, 2013 at 8:06 am

I love the idea of using flavored Greek yogurts in smoothies! I usually just go with plain, but definitely fun to change it up sometimes :)

Kelly @ Life made Sweeter May 6, 2013 at 8:08 am

I love fruit smoothies with yogurt. Yum, love that yours has both mangos and peaches:)

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch May 6, 2013 at 8:28 am

This is making me have a strong craving for peaches! Love my smoothies!!!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar May 6, 2013 at 8:43 am

What a perfect way to start the day!! Yum!

Amy @Very Culinary May 6, 2013 at 8:52 am

Yes, I agree – virtually impossible to mess up a smoothie. I’m developing smoothie recipes for a summer series and each one, I’m like “ya, there’s no way this isn’t good.” Lol. Love this one, too!

Tieghan May 6, 2013 at 9:11 am

So yum!! I love fruit and yogurt! Perfect for summers!

Carrian May 6, 2013 at 9:39 am

I so need this!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist May 6, 2013 at 10:04 am

Perfect to get me into bathing suit shape!

Aggies Kitchen May 7, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Sheila May 6, 2013 at 10:37 am

We are not smoothie drinkers around here…we must have a think about chewing our food or something. I should get in the habit this summer it’s such a great way to get good “stuff” in your kiddos. I love Chobani yogurt I eat it every morning with granola. thanks for the coupons ; )

Aggies Kitchen May 7, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I’m driven by getting good stuff in the kids so I think I make them more because of that! LOL. It’s a win win :)

Cassie | Bake Your Day May 6, 2013 at 5:33 pm

I never make a smoothie without Greek yogurt. This sounds so good right now!

Paula - bell'alimento May 6, 2013 at 7:00 pm

I never get tired of smoothies!

Jersey Girl Cooks May 6, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I love smoothies for breakfast. They are a summertime fav!

Jen @ Savory Simple May 7, 2013 at 8:35 am

What a perfect smoothie. I like that you used pineapple yogurt, it’s a good way to get around this issue I discovered the hard way- real pineapple and yogurt create some weird enzyme when blended that makes it pretty bitter. Kiwi does the same. Let me tell you, the kiwi pineapple smoothie I made recently was… interesting.

Aggies Kitchen May 7, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Wow, I had no idea about that with pineapple and kiwi!! I don’t think I’ve ever added either to a smoothie (with dairy). I’m glad I know. The pineapple yogurt was a nice touch!

Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet May 7, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Smoothies are my favorite morning sipper. This sounds so refreshing.

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles May 8, 2013 at 10:45 am

I wish you’d love to bake, too! But I’ll definitely settle for all your gorgeous salads that keep my lunches delicious. ;) Love this smoothie, now I want peaches!!

Aggies Kitchen May 8, 2013 at 1:16 pm

I really try to love it Brenda, I do. :)

Nutmeg Nanny May 8, 2013 at 11:48 am

Oh, this looks tasty :) I love adding greek yogurt to my smoothies!

Valerie @ From Valerie's Kitchen May 8, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Oh, this looks SO good. I haven’t tried the pineapple flavor but it’s on my list now!