Grilled Chicken: On a Plate, In a Sandwich, On a Salad

Grilled chicken…a summer staple won’t you say?

I just recently started eating chicken more often again, and grilling it is definitely my method of choice. As I was trying to pull together new ideas of serving it (because we all know plain old chicken breast can get a bit…hmmm, shall we say – redundant?) I figured I’d compile a nice list of recipes for you all here as well.

What I love about grilled chicken is that if you plan ahead and throw some extra on the grill, your leftovers can become a totally new meal, usually in the form of a salad or sandwich for me (in pasta would be good too!).

Enjoy this round up of deliciousness, hope you find yourself a little inspired to add grilled chicken to your menu….and happy grilling!

Grilled and Stuffed Chicken Caprese from Eclectic Recipes

Chicken Panini with Arugula, Provolone and Chipotle Mayonnaise from Skinnytaste

Grilled Chicken and Mexican Rice Wraps from Katie’s Cucina

Guy Fieri’s Red Rocker Margarita Chicken from The Little Kitchen

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Sandwich from Closet Cooking

Greek Chicken Gyros from Food for my Family

Chipotle Grilled Chicken with Avocado Sandwich from Simply Recipes

Roasted Garlic Mustard and Rosemary Grilled Chicken Sandwiches from Miss in the Kitchen

Red Chile Chicken Panini from Panini Happy

Grilled Chicken Summer Salad with Mango

On a Salad:

Greek Grilled Chicken Salad

California Grilled Chicken Avocado and Mango Salad from Skinnytaste

Chinese Grilled Chicken Salad from Recipe Girl

Key West Grilled Chicken Salad from Amanda’s Cookin’

Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette from Family Fresh Cooking

Grilled Chicken and Gorgonzola Salad from Add A Pinch

Grilled Chicken with Parsley Salad and Sun Dried Tomatoes from Jeanette’s Healthy Living

Blue Cheese, Cranberry and Pecan with Grilled Chicken and Honey Mustard Dressing from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice

Check out these Pinterest boards for more grillin’ inspiration:

Grillin’ and Chillin’

Great Grilled Food from Naptime Chef

Summer Grilling from Real Simple

Are you firing up the grill this weekend?

29 Responses to “Grilled Chicken: On a Plate, In a Sandwich, On a Salad”

1. Erica posted June 8, 2012 at 6:20 am

I agree! I’m actually do grilled teriyaki chicken tonight and plan to make extra. Great suggestions. Perfect for summer

• Aggies Kitchen posted June 8, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I haven’t done a grilled teryiaki in forever….it sounds so good with some grilled pineapple and red bell peppers! Enjoy your weekend Erica!

2. Kim | At Home With Kim posted June 8, 2012 at 7:08 am

I LOVE grilled chicken…. and am so happy that there are more and more humanely raised, organic and hormone free options. What a GREAT idea to combine all these recipes… SO many to check out! Thanks!!! Perfect summertime dinner. I’m on my way to visiting these great links…. and pinning away for lots of great recipes…. :-)

3. Steve @ the black peppercorn posted June 8, 2012 at 9:09 am

so glad I found you blog! What a great round up of grilled chicken dishes. Had that last night and doing a different recipe of grilled chicken tomorrow night. Gotta love the warm weather

• Aggies Kitchen posted June 8, 2012 at 2:21 pm

welcome!! :)

4. katie posted June 8, 2012 at 9:22 am

I agree with you–I’m much more likely to eat grilled chicken than it being prepared any other way! Thanks for sharing my wrap recipe with your readers!

• Aggies Kitchen posted June 8, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Grilled is the way to go! :) have a great weekend Katie!

5. Amanda posted June 8, 2012 at 9:55 am

Nice!! What a fabulous round up Aggie, and thank you so much for including me girlfriend!

• Aggies Kitchen posted June 8, 2012 at 2:24 pm

You are so welcome! Have a great weekend!

6. Jen @ Savory Simple posted June 8, 2012 at 10:03 am

I am so picky about chicken. Most of the time I don’t like it at all. But grilling almost always gives it a perfect flavor, char, and retains all the moisture. Definitely my method of choice!

• Aggies Kitchen posted June 8, 2012 at 2:25 pm

yep, me too. Chicken isn’t my favorite thing to eat, I don’t like to eat it often, but for the sake of ease and convenience (everyone in the fam likes) I am trying to make it more often for a good lean meal. Grilling is definitely my method of choice as well! The grill makes everything taste better!

7. marla posted June 8, 2012 at 10:16 am

I am the same way- we always have a great big batch of grilled chicken at the ready for all kinds of meals! Thanks for the link!

• Aggies Kitchen posted June 8, 2012 at 2:25 pm

It’s nice to have some in the fridge on standby. Makes things nice and easy :) You are welcome and have a great weekend!

8. Cassie posted June 8, 2012 at 10:29 am

Yes! We eat so much grilled chicken in the summer. These are fabulous ideas!

• Aggies Kitchen posted June 8, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Thank you! hopefully you’ll find some new ones to try. Have a great weekend!

9. Heather (Heather's Dish) posted June 8, 2012 at 10:46 am

i’ve been firing up the grill every day this week and LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! grilled chicken salad tonight for this family :)

• Aggies Kitchen posted June 8, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I am all about the grill right now. It’s like an outdoor kitchen, makes things so much easier. I’m planning on grilling some salmon tonight for a salad, mmmmm. Have a great weekend!

10. Valerie @ From Valerie's Kitchen posted June 8, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I have to Pin this for sure. I grill chicken so frequently through the summer and always make more than enough so I can have it for lunch the next day in a salad. Thank you for compiling such a fantastic list!

11. Minnie(@thelady8home) posted June 9, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Wonderful ideas!!!! I am going to save this for sure. Its going to come in handy next few weeks in summer. :D

12. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen posted June 11, 2012 at 9:57 am

Grilled chicken is so great for summer and what a great roundup! Thanks for including mine!

• Aggies Kitchen posted June 11, 2012 at 1:47 pm

It really is so easy for summer. So many options!

13. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective posted June 11, 2012 at 11:13 am

Great collect Aggie! I’m honored to be a part. :)

• Aggies Kitchen posted June 11, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Thanks so much Sommer!

14. Julie @twosaucysisters.wordpress.com posted June 11, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Mmmmm now you’ve got me craving chicken! :) Grilling definitely is the best – I agree with all statements! :)

15. Paula- bell'alimento posted June 11, 2012 at 5:13 pm

It’s always nice to have options for chicken : ) Great RU Aggie!

16. Denise @ Creative Kitchen posted June 11, 2012 at 8:18 pm

These popsicles look incredible Aggie! Mmm…I haven’t made popsicles in years but this may be the summer. Glad you’re having a good one! ;)

Oh yeah, and weather…it’s been so rainy and dreary here this past week or so. Then I remembered it seems every June we have quite a bit of dreary weather before it just becomes the regular afternoon thunderstorms. I couldn’t live somewhere without the sun.

17. Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch posted June 11, 2012 at 11:31 pm

This looks amazing! We love chicken here and I can’t wait to try this.

Great listing of other options, Aggie! Thanks so much for including my salad.

18. Ali @ Gimme Some Oven posted June 12, 2012 at 8:56 am

Mmmmm…this roundup makes me SO hungry! Especially love your grilled chicken salad with mango. Looks delish!

19. Katie posted August 11, 2012 at 9:52 am

Love it! We do so much BBQ’g in my home during the summer that this will come in handy. We usually use the leftovers in wraps but this gives me lots more ideas. :)