Roasted Mushroom and Pepper Wrap

by Aggies Kitchen on October 15, 2009

VeggieWrapFour

I had one of the best lunches I have had in a while at a little shop in Lake Mary called That Deli! I really wasn’t sure what to expect other than a sandwich when I got in there…but once I started looking over their menu I found myself having a lot of trouble narrowing down what I wanted to eat.  This place has so many awesome sounding sandwiches and salads…I ended up ordering the Looney Shrooms on a spinach wrap.  I can’t tell you how good it was.  That was Friday.

VeggieWrapThree

On to Saturday…all I wanted for lunch was another Looney Shrooms wrap.  Lucky for me, I had most of what I needed to try to recreate it at home.  It was missing the yummy garlic mayonnaise, yes, but that was okay with me…I can usually do without mayonnaise.  What I loved about this wrap was all the roasted veggies and their flavor.  It was filling, yet light since all it is is veggies!  And that’s what I wanted since it was a Gator Game Day and I was going to be indulging in beer and burgers later on.  I used a tortilla wrap from La Tortilla Factory…these guys are so good for you!  They are made with whole wheat and if you are trying to get some extra fiber in your diet, these babies have 7 grams per wrap!

VeggieWrapTwo

I used some thinly sliced cheddar cheese in my veggie wraps, but go ahead and shmear some hummus on them for some extra protein!

Enjoy!

VeggieWrapOne

Roasted Mushroom and Pepper Wrap
Recipe from Aggie’s Kitchen

(printable recipe)

1 8oz container baby portabella mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 large red bell pepper, sliced
1 large yellow pepper, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
1-2 TB olive oil
cheddar cheese
whole wheat wraps

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, toss mushroom, peppers, onions and garlic with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread on baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until vegetables are softening and starting to brown.

Place 2 thin slices of cheddar cheese in center of wrap. Spoon roasted vegetables in center of wrap and on the cheese. Tuck both sides in and roll wrap like a big cigar. Cut in the center. Serve with fruit for a light and healthy lunch or dinner!

VeggieWrapFive

Erica October 15, 2009 at 3:18 pm

Looks FABULOUS Aggie. Something about cooked veggies in just a little olive oil is just so yummy!

Pam October 15, 2009 at 6:37 pm

I love anything with roasted veggies – your wrap looks tasty.

Maria October 15, 2009 at 8:31 pm

What a great wrap! I love mushrooms and peppers together.

Jamie October 15, 2009 at 9:39 pm

That’s a great wrap idea Aggie and so healthy. I love roasted vegetables. Thanks for another great recipe for me to add to my list.

teresa October 16, 2009 at 2:15 pm

mmmmm, what a perfect lunch! i’m going to buy the ingredients for this next time i go shopping, delicious!

HoneyB October 16, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Looks yummy! Everything I love in it – has to be good!

Peanut Butter Bliss October 17, 2009 at 10:41 am

I LOVE peppers and mushrooms but never thought to put them together!! so going to try this :)

zestycook October 17, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Aggie, This looks great! Very nice pictures as well!

zest

Kerstin October 17, 2009 at 11:26 pm

This is my kind of wrap – yum! And 7g of fiber per tortilla is awesome, I’ll have to look for those!

Duchess of Fork October 18, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Yum, yum, yum! I would be all over this, but my husband wouldn’t touch anything without meat. I’ll have to make this for lunch one day when he’s not around. Thanks for sharing. :)

chocolate shavings October 18, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Yum, that sounds so tasty!

April Marie (Girl Japan) October 19, 2009 at 9:38 am

That looks absolutely delish, I wish costco would carry that over here in Japan.. but I have not found whole wheat yet = (

I wonder if I could make it work with Pita bread?

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen October 19, 2009 at 10:55 am

This looks so good and hearty! I just love mushrooms, and this is a great way to enjoy them!

Charlie Hoover November 11, 2009 at 9:33 am

this looks really good i would vary this by using less shrooms maybe adding zucchini and/or squash. plus I would put this between pita bread tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, and I would spread roasted red pepper hummus on one side of the pita. Instead of cheddar I would use Swiss cheese then i would throw it in the panini press… would make for one hell of a panini

Astrid March 26, 2010 at 7:45 pm

I just made these….they were awesome! I baked some yellow pepper, sliced mushrooms and onions with olive oil and Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle. Yum! Then I added some cooked bacon (already had it), chopped fresh tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese to my wrap. It really was lovely!

prizes May 20, 2010 at 7:30 pm

thankyou very much, I am obliged to say your blog is amazing!

Marly April 19, 2012 at 9:35 am

Healthy and delicious – my favorite combination!