Skillet Shrimp and Vegetable Pasta with Feta
Has anyone else’s home been taken over by Rainbow Loom? My daughter has been “looming” since Christmas with her buddies in the neighborhood and my son has finally caught on to the craze this week (after realizing that most of the boys in his class are loomers too). I think it’s hysterical…especially when I woke up to my kids looming peacefully with each other this morning before school (at 5:45am people!!).
Loomers, looming and LoomLove … all part of our daily vocabulary these days. (I love it.)
I also love this pasta. My whole family did (win!). Well, except the kids don’t like shrimp – partial win? More for the grown ups. 😉
I originally wanted to make this shrimp pasta from Damn Delicious (next time!), however I decided that I needed to clear a few lonely veggies out of the fridge. Apparently I had some feta and wine to get rid of too, thankfully. That’s the best part of skillet shrimp pasta dishes like this…almost anything goes!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Skillet Shrimp and Vegetable Pasta with Feta
Yield: serves 4
- 3/4 of 13 oz box of whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil (I swirled my large skillet 3 times)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot (or small onion), thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 oz chunk feta, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to directions. Cook for less time than directed (a couple of minutes) so that it can finish cooking in the skillet with the shrimp, vegetables and sauce
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add your olive oil to pan, along with garlic and shallots. Add shrimp to pan and cook until both sides pink, about 5 minutes. Add vegetables to pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and gently toss.
- Add wine to skillet and let cook for a few minutes until it starts to reduce a bit. Add your pasta to the skillet, reducing heat to medium, and gently toss to combine with shrimp, vegetables and sauce. Crumble feta over pasta mixture and gently toss again. Turn off heat, let pasta sit with sauce for a couple minutes to thicken. Taste for salt, add more fresh ground pepper and serve.
Follow AggiesKitchen on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from the blog! Use the hashtag #aggieskitchen - I'd love to see what you are cooking up!
Follow Aggie’s Kitchen’s board Fish and Seafood on Pinterest.
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!
Looks soooo incredibly creamy! Love feta. I will be excited when Kay gets into all the trendy things so I can know what these things are haha
it turned out so creamy…for not a lot of cheese really! I was pleasantly surprised. Oh, you will love all the fun stuff Kay is going to get into 🙂
Do you think I could sub pasta with another grain? Maybe faro? Or barley? Looks good, but if I go to whole wheat pasta too quickly on this diet, it will be a slippery slope to full on white flour!
I get it! What about a quinoa or brown rice pasta? You could try to sub farro or barley, but I’m not sure how it would turn out sauce:grain ratio wise. If you try it let me know! Also…if you just added more shrimp and veggies you could skip the grain completely!
Skillet pasta dinners are the best and those loom bracelets are too cute!
I love a good simple meal. Those tend to be the best ones too.
We too have the Rainbow Loom…. but it does not bring me extra sleep by keeping my kiddos entertained early in the morning. 🙂 My son LOVES shrimp…. so whenever I can find a new dish for him, it goes on my list. Can’t wait to try this Friend. Looks DELISH! Great pics. Happy Weekend Aggie!!!
Love how easy this sounds Aggie – a great one pan meal!
Thanks so much Jeanette! I think I saw you on Dr. Oz yesterday!!
This looks so easy and delicious–what a winning recipe.
As winning as the loom?
Happy Tuesday and thank you for the nice recipe.
Love skillet meals like this! My husband will love it!
What a perfect way to clean out the fridge and make a delicious meal! This one sounds perfect for weeknights.
My boys got into rainbow loom last summer at camp, it’s slowed down a bit in the last couple of months. Every so often they decide to watch a video and make something different just to see if they can.
I love clean out the fridge meals for so many reasons 🙂 My kids are really into the videos right now, it’s fun to see them working together. I didn’t realize it has been around since last summer!
I love skillet pasta dishes like this one… You literally made me mouthwater! My Italian partner is unfortunately super peaky, when I try to make a pasta dish not the traditional Italian way, like he is used too. But I will give it a trial, maybe he opens up a little, when he realizes how delicious it is. 🙂
Rainbow loom…ugggggg. I does keep the kids busy, but If I have to pick up one more rubber band and am going to beat someone 🙂
Love the shrimp dish….looks so comforting!
This looks so fresh and yummy!
1. I teach 6th grade so I own several of those bracelets!
2. I stumbled across this blog and I’m book marking it. Love it!
3. My 3rd snow day is tomorrow and I might make the Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken tomorrow.
So happy you found the blog, thank you for stopping by! Enjoy the bbq chicken 🙂
Healthy but still beautiful and delicious! Great recipe!