Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Pecans
The flavors of fall on a plate – you’ll love serving these Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Pecans to your family or guests this holiday season.
This recipe was created in partnership with Fisher Nuts.
It’s that time of year again. The time of year when everyone is either loving or hating Brussels sprouts. I’m a big fan, but it wasn’t until college that I was actually introduced to these little green gems so I guess I’m sort of a late bloomer in the I love Brussels sprouts club. I’m hoping to convert my family (specifically my kids) to the club so I’m always trying new ways to cook them up. Roasting them is my absolute favorite (how can you not love those crispy outer leaves?). My kids are still on the fence, my husband is a big no, but my 2 year old loves them…he devoured multiple servings of this Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Pecans dish when I made it last week.
That’s my boy!
Watch how easy it is to make this flavorful side dish:
There is something that made this side veggie dish extra delicious – the maple, balsamic and sriracha glaze I mixed up to drizzle over the roasted veggies. So so good! I only used a tiny bit of sriracha since I was hoping the youngins’ in my family would try them, but feel free to double the amount if you are in the mood for some kick. The combination of maple, balsamic and sriracha is pretty amazing – just the right balance of sweetness, acidity and heat. I think the glaze would be awesome on other fall roasted vegetables like acorn or butternut squash too.
I added a crunchy element to the dish by throwing some pecans into the roasting pan about 5 minutes before the veggies were ready to come out of the oven. It was just enough time to toast them up and let’s be honest, pecans just belong in a veggie dish like this in my opinion.
This will be my third year partnering up with Fisher Nuts to create recipes using their preservative free walnuts, almonds and pecans. I was honored to meet with them in person last year, along with Chef Alex Guarnaschelli, in New York and get to know the company as well as sample wonderful recipes cooked by Chef Alex in her restaurant Butter (read more about my trip to NYC here). Once again, Fisher Nuts is offering an opportunity to win a trip to New York City with their annual My Fresh Twist recipe contest.
It’s an awesome contest with great prizes…details below!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Pecans
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
- 1lb Brussels sprouts, kept whole if small or halved if larger
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or high temperature cooking oil)
- 3/4 cup Fisher Pecan Halves, roughly chopped
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place your sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts in a large mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and toss so that vegetables are coated evenly. Spread out on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. At 15 minutes, take out and using a spatula gently toss while adding in your pecans. Place back into oven and cook for 5-7 minutes more until evenly browned. Take out and season with coarse salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, balsamic and sriracha. With a spoon drizzle evenly over vegetables. Serve immediately.
Important that sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts are similar in size to cook evenly.
Follow AggiesKitchen on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from the blog! Use the hashtag #aggieskitchen - I'd love to see what you are cooking up!
- Beginning now through October 20, 2015, home chefs from across the country are invited to submit their original recipe using Fisher pecans, walnuts or almonds to www.myfreshtwist.com for a chance to win a trip for two to New York City, $500 spending money and a meet-and-greet with Food Network Chef Alex Guarnaschelli at her restaurant, Butter.
- The top twenty entries will be professionally photographed and showcased on www.myfreshtwist.com where Fisher fans and their friends and families will be able to vote for the top three recipes from November 3, 2015 until November 17, 2015. Chef Alex Guarnaschelli and a panel of judges will then select the grand prize winner from the three finalists. Recipes will be judged on their originality, integration of nuts, taste and visual appeal.
- One grand prize winner will receive a trip for two to New York City, a meet-and-greet with Chef Alex Guarnaschelli and $500. As with last year’s winning recipe, this year’s winning recipe will also be featured on the Fisher nuts website, social media pages and in local and national news publications. The grand prize winner will be announced the first week of December.
- Nineteen finalists will receive a $100 Visa gift card, an autographed Chef Alex cookbook and a Fisher nuts sample pack.
- Forty random weekly winners will also win a Chef Alex cookbook and a Fisher nuts sample pack.
- For more information, rules and regulations, visit www.myfreshtwist.com.
(Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine. )
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!