Mixed Greens with Grilled Pears and Goat Cheese Crumbles
I have been seeing some delicious looking salads in foodie blog world the last couple of weeks. I love salads, but to be honest, get pretty bored of them after a while. I really think that what keeps someone who loves to cook, like I do, from getting bored in the kitchen is to constantly challenge yourself to use new ingredients. So after seeing salads from two of my blogging buddies, Hot Garlic and Prudence Pennywise, I ran to the store and farmer’s market to pick up a few things I haven’t had in a while.
Grilled fruit is always so delicious, I don’t know why I’ve never thought to add it to a salad. All the flavors in this salad came together so nicely…it’s going to be my new favorite salad for a while…until I get sick of it I guess!
If you aren’t a fan of goat cheese, or don’t have it available, try gorgonzola!Print
- bunch of mixed greens (arugula, baby spinach, baby romaine)
- 1 Bartlett pear, sliced
- 1 oz of goat cheese crumbles
- 2 TB of toasted pumpkin seeds
- Simple Apple Cider Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Wash,rinse, and dry greens (you can use any combination of salad greens). Spread on large salad plate.
- In hot grill pan (sprayed with nonstick spray), add sliced pears. Cook for a couple of minutes or until grill marks are visible. Flip and cook the same. Once grilled, let cool for a few minutes.
- Add pears, goat cheese crumbles and pumpkin seeds to plate of greens.
- Pour dressing over salad and enjoy!!
- 2 TB of apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4–1/2 tsp of dijon
- Put all ingredients in small mason jar or tupperware container and shake until blended completely.
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!