5-Ingredient Vegetable Fried Brown Rice
Healthy and quick, this Vegetable Fried Brown Rice comes together with just 5 ingredients. Great for meatless Mondays or busy school nights.
If there is one thing I’m learning it’s that I will always thank myself on Tuesday night for cooking up a batch of brown rice Sunday. Food prep like cooking grains, baked potatoes and even shredded chicken in the slow cooker ALWAYS saves me during the school week. If I know this, then why oh why don’t I do it every single week.
When I find myself unsure of what I want to make for dinner (not to mention, short on time), it’s always incredibly helpful to have a few staples already cooked up and waiting in the fridge. Brown rice is one of those staples and make this super quick and easy Vegetable Fried Brown Rice possible even on the busiest of nights.
I found this frozen organic vegetable medley with edamame at Costco and love it for easy side dishes that I know my kids will eat, or to include in quick dishes just like this vegetable fried brown rice.
You can make this fried rice even better by throwing in any leftover protein you may have (steak, chicken, shrimp) to bulk it up or if you are in the mood for something light it’s great as is. My family loves Asian food and I try to make a stir fry at least once a week. This veggie fried rice is the perfect addition to stir fry night.
5-Ingredient Vegetable Fried Rice
Yield: 4 side dish servings
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (or other high heat cooking oil)
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (I like the organic vegetable medley with edamame from Costco)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium high heat.
- Add whisked eggs to wok, let cook and set for a minute. Break up eggs with your spatula or spoon (I use this bamboo stir fry spatula) into small pieces. Add frozen mixed vegetables and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add brown rice and soy sauce to vegetable and egg mixture and cook for up to 5 minutes or until all is heated through.
- Season well with coarse salt, fresh ground pepper and additional soy sauce to taste. Serve with red chili sauce or sriracha.
Follow AggiesKitchen on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from the blog! Use the hashtag #aggieskitchen - I'd love to see what you are cooking up!
Serve this healthy fried rice with your favorite stir fry or Asian inspired dish. Here are some to try:
Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken from Very Culinary (We love this one!)
Baked Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs from Cookin’ Canuck
This 5-Ingredient Vegetable Fried Brown Rice was featured in Vegetarian Recipes with Five or Fewer Ingredients on Greatist!
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!