- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (or other high heat cooking oil)
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium high heat.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add brown rice and soy sauce to vegetables and cook for up to 5 minutes or until all is heated through.
- Make a well in the center of the vegetables and rice and add whisked eggs to wok. Let cook and set for a minute. Break up eggs with your spatula or spoon (I use this bamboo stir fry spatula) into small pieces. Stir into fried rice.
- Season well with coarse salt, fresh ground pepper and additional soy sauce to taste. Serve with red chili sauce or sriracha.
Nutrition information is calculated based on the more common frozen mixed vegetable blend you find in grocery stores, without edamame. Feel free to add edamame in addition to the vegetables and recalculate nutrition info if needed (I like to use My Fitness Pal).
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 6
Keywords: brown rice, fried rice, vegetarian