Gobble Gobble…Turkey Veggie Platter, Dips and Happy Thanksgiving!

I wanted to share this awesome turkey veggie platter I found on Pinterest last year and brought to our Thanksgiving feast. It was loved (and welcomed) by all and really helped in the snacking department while we waited for everything to come together. There’s not much to putting it together – check out this link here for the “recipe” and pick up some dip at the store or even better, make your own (for the record, I love Heluva Good Bodacious Onion or French Onion when I’m not in the dip making mood).

I’m all about kicking off a Thanksgiving feast with some heathy snacking…a little less guilt and the cute little turkey veggie platter is always a hit with the kids – and adults.

Here are a few simple dips from friends that would pair up with fresh veggies very well:

Swiss Cheese Onion Dip

Avocado Ranch Dip

Spinach and Kale Greek Yogurt Dip

Ranch Style Veggie Dip

Creamy White Bean Dip with Parmesan and Sage

Cucumber and Feta Greek Yogurt Dip

Svelte Green Goddess Dip

Gobble Gobble!

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday and the long weekend! I am so thankful for every single person who reads this blog and even more thankful for the friendships (virtual and in real life) and the opportunities that have been created because of it. You all make me smile :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you! xoxo

21 Responses to “Gobble Gobble…Turkey Veggie Platter, Dips and Happy Thanksgiving!”

1. Sandy @ RE posted November 21, 2012 at 9:50 am

So cute, Aggie. Love, love! Happy TG to your wonderful family!

2. Erica posted November 21, 2012 at 9:53 am

Could your daughter be ANY cuter? That vegetable platter is genius!!

3. Heidi @foodiecrush posted November 21, 2012 at 9:58 am

That is hilarious and a great party taker conversation starter.

• Aggies Kitchen posted November 25, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I know right? I wish there was a reason to make a big veggie turkey other than Thanksgiving!! Hope you had a great weekend Heidi!

4. JulieD posted November 21, 2012 at 10:03 am

That veggie platter is amazing!! If I was having 15 ppl over like I usually do, I would so do that. Happy TG to you and yours, Aggie!! xoxo I’m so thankful that you’re my friend!!!

5. Liz @ The Lemon Bowl posted November 21, 2012 at 11:00 am

Gobble Gobble!! Love that fact that you guys aren’t bundled up in scarves, hats and gloves!! xo

• Aggies Kitchen posted November 25, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Haha…that’s funny. We are actually having the mildest fall I can remember this year…I am really looking forward to putting up Christmas lights this week without sweating!! (fingers crossed)

6. Alyssa (Everyday Maven) posted November 21, 2012 at 11:34 am

That is so freaking cute. I have to make that next year for sure!

• Aggies Kitchen posted November 25, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I’m so sad I didn’t make it this year, my brother in law was expecting it! Lol

7. Cassie | Bake Your Day posted November 21, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Wow, that sidewalk chalk is awesome! Happy Thanksgiving, Aggie + family!

• Aggies Kitchen posted November 25, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Thanks Cassie – hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

8. Sarah posted November 21, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Love the vegetable turkey!! what a great idea :)

9. Jamie posted November 22, 2012 at 8:02 am

My veggie platter won’t be this creative. Happy Thanksgiving Aggie! And family! We love you!

10. patsy posted November 25, 2012 at 6:52 pm

I love that platter! I shared the photo you posted with my friends and they all want to make it next year!

Hope you and your family had a fabulous Thanksgiving!

• Aggies Kitchen posted November 25, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Thanks Patsy! We had a great Thanksgiving here, hope yours was wonderful as well! I posted this on FB and my brother in law was asking where it was on Thanksgiving dinner – wish I made one for this year too!

11. Bree posted November 26, 2012 at 12:23 pm

So cute!! Love it :)

12. claire @ the realistic nutritionist posted November 27, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Such a cute cute cute idea!! :D

13. jessica posted November 27, 2012 at 3:20 pm

That’s adorable! I love it!

14. Naomi posted November 28, 2012 at 9:26 am

I love this turkey!! My mom brought one very similar to Thanksgiving this year… it definitely WAS a great idea for snacking (much healthier than picking off pieces of dessert ;). Great sidewalk turkey, too! That’s actually a great outdoor activity idea for keeping the kids entertained while they wait for Thanksgiving dinner.

15. Melissa @ Love Bug Living posted November 28, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Love it! So cute and easy too! Definitely have to save that for next year!

16. Diana Catlin posted January 2, 2013 at 10:41 pm

What a gorgeous platter! I made one with ham, cheese, veggies, and crackers once (I know – not enough veggies…..), but the next time I go somewhere, I’m going to take one that looks like this! Loved seeing it – can’t wait to share it with my friends!