Red Wine Berry Spritzer

by Aggies Kitchen on September 14, 2012

Red Wine Berry Spritzer | aggieskitchen.com  #wine #cocktail #beverage #drink

If you know me, then you know I love a good cocktail. I don’t always like to make them though. Mostly out of laziness, I’ll admit. When I am in the mood for a drink, I like to keep things simple (like my favorite real lime margaritas). Most of the time though, I tend to stick with a good glass of wine. Hard to go wrong with that.

My friend Barbara, however, is far from lazy with her cocktail making…so far from lazy she is celebrating the 1 year anniversary of The Friday Cocktail section of her blog, Creative Culinary! Each week for the past year, she has shared recipes and gorgeous photography of her favorite cocktails. She never ceases to amaze me with her beautiful mouth-watering creations; they seem to always leave me feeling very thirsty that’s for sure. In honor of Friday Cocktail’s one-year anniversary, I’m sharing with you a low calorie (and slightly lazy) wine cocktail I find myself enjoying on many evenings (usually while preparing dinner), especially while the weather is warm. And even though I sure do love my wine straight up, sometimes I just need one of these sippers instead.

Red Wine Berry Spritzer | aggieskitchen.com  #wine #cocktail #beverage #drink

If you haven’t tried La Croix flavored sparkling water, then you must, especially if you’re trying to cut back on calories from sugary drinks. I find them to be a great substitute for juice or regular soda in most cocktails, you could even throw a little frozen fruit in there for some extra flavor and sweetness. If your cocktail recipe calls for plain soda water, then these are even better. Some of my favorite combos other than this one have been grape or regular vodka mixed with cranberry flavor La Croix, or Sailor Jerry spiced rum mixed with coconut flavor La Croix. The combinations are endless…and I’m still experimenting.

Enjoy a sip of this celebratory Red Wine Berry Spritzer and join us over to Barbara’s Friday Cocktail celebration where she’ll be sharing a martini recipe (in addition to a lovely roundup of cocktails from more bloggers) as well as some great prizes including bottles of liquor, cocktail-ware and other yummy goodies…fun, fun, fun! Cheers and have a great weekend!!

Red Wine Berry Spritzer

A refreshing wine cocktail

Ingredients

• 1 part red wine (I wouldn't use your best red wine for a drink like this)
  • 3 parts La Croix Mixed Berry Sparkling Water
  • Ice
  • Frozen Blueberries or Raspberries

Instructions

1. Pour ice in glass. Add frozen berries. Pour wine, then sparkling water. Sip and enjoy.

bellini September 14, 2012 at 9:24 am

So simple even I would find time to make this refreshing drink.

Lora @cakeduchess September 14, 2012 at 9:43 am

I love this refreshing drink, Aggie. So fall in Florida;)Cheers, my friend. Fun to celebrate with you for Barb’s special Friday Cocktail anniversary.

kelley {mountain mama cooks} September 14, 2012 at 9:45 am

YES!!! I love this idea. I love the sparkling waters that don’t add all the fake sugary sweetness. How can you go wrong with a glass of red? Hope you have a great weekend, Aggie! Miss you xo

Cassie September 14, 2012 at 1:56 pm

What a great Friday cocktail. I could have used one, oh, about three hours ago! :)

Karen Harris September 14, 2012 at 3:42 pm

This beautiful drink caught my eye right away. I love how simple and refreshing it looks. Nothing like a spritzer!

Cookin' Canuck September 14, 2012 at 5:00 pm

This sounds fantastic, Aggie! I love cocktails that feel like “special sipping” but are so easy to throw together.

Barbara | Creative Culinary September 15, 2012 at 9:20 am

This is gorgeous Aggie. I love wine too but find I drink it more often in the winter since I love an icy cold drink in the summer. Now I’ve got one that will appease myself and my wine drinking pals!

I always keep some frozen fruits just for this reason…your berries are a fabulous addition. Thanks for joining the party; much appreciated.

Jen @ Savory Simple September 15, 2012 at 9:30 am

I could have used one of these last night! I prefer to let others make my cocktails as well but this looks simple and tasty!

Sandy @ Reluctant Entertainer September 15, 2012 at 9:44 am

This looks so refreshing, Aggie. I love the last photo, too!

Happy Saturday!

Valerie @ From Valerie's Kitchen September 15, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Looks wonderful! My husband is the bartender but I think I could even handle this one!

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen September 15, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I loooove La Croix! I could have used a little wine in mine yesterday!!

JulieD September 16, 2012 at 9:18 am

This is awesome!!! I’m going to make this!! My favorite shot is the one with sweet Amber in the background. Ahhh so relaxing!! Hope you’re having a fun weekend!!

Ansh September 16, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I love how very simple yet how very gorgeous this is. Beautiful serene photograph!!

Sommer@ASP September 17, 2012 at 9:56 am

Can I have one on Mondays?

Angie September 20, 2012 at 11:48 am

What a quick and easy drink. Can’t wait to try this, I love red wine!

Patricia September 21, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Here in Tampa, it seems we’ll need refreshments for some time still. Too late today, but i think this is going to be my Saturday afternoon Mama’s juice! Lol

Vera September 23, 2012 at 1:45 am

I saw this drink on Pinterest and had to try it… it was yummy! Can’t wait to make it again. I posted it on my blog today. Here’s a post: http://pintheredidthat.blogspot.com/2012/09/red-wine-berry-spritzer.html
I can’t wait to try more of your recipes! Thanks :)

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles October 7, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I could definitely get used to that refreshing and easy cocktail, yum!

Vanessa Walker February 18, 2013 at 10:28 am

Thanks so much for posting a fantastic recipe for our LaCroix! Someone I know is following your blog because he sent the link my way! If you’d like to share this recipe with other LaCroix lovers who might also become followers of your blog (who knows, right?), please post it to either our facebook page (LaCroix Water) or our Pinterest page. Easiest way to find us on either is head to our website and click the hyperlinked icons on the lower left side. Thank you, and we’ll be trying it here ourselves! Vanessa and the LaCroix team

Krista June 24, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I have one question…when am I invited over? Everything on your site looks amazing!

DessertForTwo February 26, 2014 at 8:05 pm

You’re just furthering my la croix addiction!! This sounds fantastic! I’m too lazy to make a cocktail for myself sometimes, which is a darn shame. So, I started to make flavored simple syrups and keep them in the fridge. Then, all I add is gin and bitters! So good :)

I can’t wait to try this new cocktail! Isn’t Barbara amazing? Love both of ya! xo