Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Stacks …
Last Friday night we had friends over to grill, swim and unwind after the week. My friend Betsy made this salad for us and it went perfectly with our burgers. I am hoping to make it again later this summer with my own garden tomatoes! Thank you Betsy, it was fun (and delicious!)!
Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Stacks
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 4 medium-sized vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- To julienne basil leaves: Stack basil leaves and roll tightly into a cigar type roll. Slice into thin ribbons.
- Cut tomatoes and mozzarella into 1/4" thick slices. Arrange tomato and mozzarella slices into stacks of alternating layers. Sprinkle julienned basil and sea salt over each stack. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over each stack and serve immediately.
Follow AggiesKitchen on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from the blog! Use the hashtag #aggieskitchen - I'd love to see what you are cooking up!
Enjoy your long July 4th weekend!
We are headed to Pensacola to visit family…will be back next week!
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. Happy cooking!
There are affiliate links in this post. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen!