Italian Style Stir Fry
If you didn’t already notice, some of my blogging buddies are having babies. Quite a few actually. It’s awesome and I absolutely love when I hear of another preggo joining the bunch, especially the first time moms!
Today we are celebrating my friend Katie and her soon-to-be baby boy! I’ve know Katie a few years now, she lives in the Central Florida area like me so I’ve had the opportunity to spend time with her a few times. Katie is as sweet as they come (extremely talented too!) and I can’t wait to meet her little guy soon. (PS…I’m not kidding when I say she’s talented, just check out her beautiful food blog Katie’s Cucina and her and her husband’s DIY blog Sew Woodsy – awesome stuff!)
Since becoming a new mom can sometimes mean a little less time and less energy to get dinner on the table every night, I am sharing an easy dinner recipe that I find myself throwing together for my family quite often. It’s one that everyone in the family enjoys so of course that’s a winner in my book.
I always keep precooked chicken sausages for quick throw together recipes just like this one. I picked these up – along with a couple other varieties – at Costco and I can’t tell you how often they have saved the day at dinnertime. Serve this Italian inspired “stir fry” over brown rice or orzo for a healthy easy weeknight meal.
Best wishes to Katie and her husband on their upcoming bundle!
Italian Style Stir Fry
- 1 package pre-cooked Italian chicken sausage (4-5 links), cut in 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large bell pepper (or 6 mini sweet peppers), sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken sausage pieces and brown on both sides for about 5-6 minutes. Take chicken sausage out of pan and set aside on a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in same skillet. Raise heat to medium high. Add minced garlic, broccoli and peppers to pan and saute for 3-4 minutes. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Add chicken sausage back in pan and gently toss, cooking together for another few minutes until vegetables are bright and slightly crisp.
- Serve over brown rice or whole wheat orzo drizzled in olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
Check out the blogs below for more easy recipes and crafts in honor of Katie and her growing family!
Easy Broccoli & Cheddar Soup from The Little Kitchen
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers from Cook the Story
Individual Tortilla Caprese Pizzas from a farmgirl’s dabbles
Easy Cheesy Potato Corn Chowder from A Little Claireification
Slow Cooker Jambalaya from A Spicy Perspective
Italian Style Stir Fry from Aggie’s Kitchen
Apricot Chicken from Bombshell Bling
Easy Baked Spaghetti from Chocolate & Carrots
Cuban Casserole with Whole Grain Mustard Butter Biscuits from Climbing Grier Mountain
Freezer-Friendly Quinoa Meatballs from Cooking with Books
Baby Boy Subway Art Printable from H2OBungalow
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Cake from Inside BruCrew Life
Asparagus And Leek Quiche from Kokocooks
Roasted Lemon Parmesan Chicken with Red Potatoes from Life After Empty Nest
Yogurt Blueberry and Honey Smoothie from My Sweet Zepol
Pesto Parmesan Chicken Salad from Shaken Together
Printable Baby Whale Themed Cards and Project Life Mini Album from Simply Kelly Designs
Coconut Cookie Butter Sandwich Cookies from Simply Southern Baking
Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Garden Vegetables from Sweet Remedy
Easy Kofta Kebabs from Tasty Chomps
Crock Pot Fajitas with Chicken and Quinoa from The Dinner-Mom
Overnight Oatmeal from The Hungry Housewife
Honey-Dijon Chicken, Apple & Quinoa Wraps from The Kitchen Prep
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Soup from The Lemon Bowl
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos from The Nifty Foodie
DIY Whale Art from While They Snooze
One Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice from Yellow Bliss Road