Introducing… A Photo A Day 2013 {Project 365: Week 1}

by Aggies Kitchen on January 7, 2013

Hello friends…hope everyone’s year is off to a great start! My kids are still on Christmas break from school (I know, right?), so I guess you can say I’ve been sort of on a break as well.

On the list of the things I’ve set out to do in 2013 is use my camera more.  After a few conversations with my friends Kim and Kristen, I’m inspired to take part in a photo a day project (for myself), taking and posting a photo from each day in 2013. I haven’t figured out all the logistics yet, but I hope to stay organized and post once a week “ish” – so stay tuned.

I truly love to capture moments (and food) with photos, especially with my iPhone (hence my obsession with Instagram). Over the last year, I’ve found myself using my phone camera more often than my ‘real’ camera, and honestly, I’m not sure how I feel about that. I’ve set a goal for myself this year to improve my photography, so in an effort to work towards that goal, I’ve decided to challenge myself to keep my big girl camera at my side and start snapping more pics with it. The irony behind my first week of Project 365? All my photos were taken with my iPhone.

Yep, I’m a work in progress. It’s all good.

Project 365 - January 1January 1: Fresh fruit for the New Year (clementines and star fruit)

Project 365: January 2January 2: Florida Gators in the Sugar Bowl (I spy my nephew Cody, #53)

January 3January 3: My girl Amber turns 8 this week

January 4January 4: Holiday Cleanup (my favorite scents of the season)

Project 365: January 5January 5: Holy Hulk (and a picture perfect sky at Universal Studios)

Project 365: January 6

January 6: Feel Good SoupProject 365: January 7

January 7: Follow the Leader (manatees in Blue Springs State Park)

Cassie | Bake Your Day January 7, 2013 at 8:29 pm

This is such a good idea! I typically take at least one photo a day but I don’t share all of them. Last year I started doing a monthly roundup like “January in Photos” and I do love doing it that way. I might not share a photo from each day but definitely share some favorites through the month. And I do love iPhone photos & Instagram. But I do have a goal of getting better with my DLSR too!

Kim | At Home With Kim January 7, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Aggie, I’m so happy you’re doing this! And I love your photos. It feels so daunting… but so far I’m loving 365. Like you, my plan is to use this project to improve my photography…. so I’m forcing myself to use my “big girl” camera too! Looking super forward to all your posts!!! Hugs Friend!

Kristen January 7, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I’m so glad you joined in on the Project 365 fun. The key is to keep your rules limited… you can do it and you are off to a fantastic start :)

Kim | At Home With Kim January 7, 2013 at 8:45 pm

PS ~ Happy Birthday sweet Amber!!!!

Erica January 7, 2013 at 8:45 pm

LOVE this idea. I’m obsessed with instagram. What do you think about the changes they made to the privacy policy? I’m debating about deleting my account.

Cookin Canuck January 7, 2013 at 11:01 pm

This is such a fun project and I’m looking forward to seeing all of your photos, Aggie.

Misty January 8, 2013 at 6:01 am

What I like about your plan is gathering up the week’s photos into one post. I can easily snap a photo each day but the chance to go back and reflect on each one seems like a wonderful way to approach it.

megan @ whatmegansmaking January 8, 2013 at 6:10 am

What a fun project! I love the idea of documenting your year and getting better at photography at the same time. I need to start taking more pictures in general. My memory card is about 95% food for the blog :)

Jamie January 8, 2013 at 6:34 am

Love the pics

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl January 8, 2013 at 8:31 am

LOVE that you’re doing Project 365!!! It’s such a fun glimpse into peoples lives. BTW I heart balsam and cedar and am still lighting it even though it’s January – lol.

Ali | Gimme Some Oven January 8, 2013 at 9:26 am

So excited for your Project 365! Such a great way to document life. :)

The starfruit and that roller coaster look amazing!!!

Valerie @ From Valerie's Kitchen January 8, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I’ll be following along on Instagram :)

Brian @ A Thought For Food January 8, 2013 at 5:21 pm

I’m pretty sure that Maki would either love Amber… or she’d want to eat her (she has a weird thing with female dogs). But gosh is your pup cute. Look at that face!

Alyssa (Everyday Maven) January 8, 2013 at 5:33 pm

That is a cool project Aggie. I say use your phone if you are more comfortable with it, who needs more stress?

Those manatees are so cool – I never saw them do that!

Deborah January 9, 2013 at 12:35 am

I’m planning on taking a photo of Camden a day for his first year. I did it with Easton (and with Abbi, although hers wasn’t her first year but a later year) and it was the best thing I’ve done. I can’t wait to see all of your photos!

katie January 9, 2013 at 7:20 am

Every year I want to do a project 365 but every year I can’t dedicate myself to doing it (even though I take a photo with my iPhone every day)! Good luck and I can’t wait to see your photos throughout the year!