Iced Apple Cinnamon Tea with Honey & Baby’s First Library

by Aggies Kitchen on October 17, 2012

It’s always fun to celebrate a new mom and their soon-to-be bundle of joy isn’t it? Today a group of bloggers are coming together to shower Lisa from With Style and Grace (surprise!!) with lots of love and well wishes. And of course lots of goodies too.

I met Lisa through Maria 2 summers ago at Evo in Park City and was happy to get to know her better on a hike we all took together one morning. If you’ve met Lisa in person, then you know that her smile can brighten up any room and you just can’t help but feel good when you are around her. I love people like that. And I just know her baby boy will be so blessed to have her as his happy mama.

This past month, I’ve been completely obsessed with this cinnamon apple spice herbal tea from Celestial Seasonings. I drink a hot cup almost every night before bed for “dessert”. I decided to dress it up a bit and serve it iced with some fresh apple slices, a cinnamon stick and a kiss of honey to bring to our little virtual baby shower today. In addition to this lightly sweetened refresher, I wanted to also share with you my favorite baby shower gift that I give to all my new mommy friends – a baby library. I can not walk through a book store or library without spending a good amount of time in the children’s book section so you have no idea how much joy gifting books to a baby and his mommy brings me!

My favorite books for a new mom and baby

All of these books were given to me when my babies were little and we have enjoyed them so much over the years – I can’t even begin to tell you how many times we’ve read each of them.

Sweet Lisa – hope you enjoy your day of treats and well wishes…can’t wait to meet Baby With Style and Grace! :)

Iced Apple Cinnamon Tea with Honey

A refreshing autumn inspired and lightly sweetened iced tea great for any gathering or to just have in your refrigerator. This recipe can easily be doubled and tripled depending on how many people you are serving.

Ingredients

• 4 cups water, divided
  • 4 tea bags of your favorite apple cinnamon flavored tea (I use Celestial Seasonings)
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1-2 apples, sliced round for garnish

Instructions

1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Place 4 tea bags in a heat safe pitcher and pour boiling water over tea bags and cinnamon stick. Steep 4-6 minutes. While tea is steeping, add 2 tablespoons honey and stir until dissolved. Remove tea bags and add cold water to pitcher. Chill for at least 1 hour and serve over ice with sliced apple rounds as garnish.

This iced tea isn’t all that’s at Lisa’s Virtual Baby Shower today – check out all these other amazing yummies from other blogger friends:

A Thought For Food | Scalloped Potato Gratin
Yes I Want Cake | Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Family Fresh Cooking  | Maple Pumpkin Spice Popcorn
What’s Gaby Cooking | Chocolate Dipped Meringues
Two Peas and a Pod | Vegetable Quinoa Soup
Simple Bites | Maple Pumpkin Pie
Three Many Cooks | Chocolate-Peanut Chex Mix
Heather Christo Cooks | Butternut Squash Bacon Scones
Reluctant Entertainer | Mascarpone Marmalade Bites

Erica October 17, 2012 at 7:05 am

Congrats to the Mom to be! I adore these virtual showers. The drink sounds divine (lets call it a Southern Fall drink ;) ). I have a few of those books, but will have to get the rest for Kay! I want the monkey book!

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective October 17, 2012 at 8:25 am

Who doesn’t love a baby shower!? Lisa is an angel and I’m so happy for her! :)

Maria October 17, 2012 at 8:51 am

Love this post! Caleb has a few of those books, but I will have to go shopping for the rest:) Congrats to Lisa!! xoxo

Bev @ Bev Cooks October 17, 2012 at 8:58 am

Yaaay, love this TEA. And Lisa, totes of course.

Rachel Cooks October 17, 2012 at 9:09 am

GREAT book suggestions! Love the tea too!

Heather (Heather's Dish) October 17, 2012 at 10:08 am

we have pretty much all of those books, but i can’t read the “guess how much i love you” one around my husband – the names of the rabbits make him laugh too much! haha :)

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite October 17, 2012 at 10:22 am

I love all the books that you recommended!

Sandy @ RE October 17, 2012 at 1:40 pm

You’re tying it all together with a classy drink for the shower. I love it!

I wish we could all be together. I’m so happy for Lisa and her family!

xo

Katie October 17, 2012 at 2:24 pm

What a good idea with all those books! Every single one of them is a favorite in our house. Welllll done.

Paula - bell'alimento October 17, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I don’t think this could be any sweeter! Love.

Kristen October 17, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I love all of those books and sweet Lisa!

Lisa | With Style and Grace October 17, 2012 at 3:37 pm

This has my name all over it!! Aggie, you are so kind. I wish this was a real life shower just so I could see & hug you again – it’s been way to long! I love that you included all these books – I need to expand his collection! Thank you again for all of this, so incredibly thoughtful! xoxo

Aggies Kitchen October 18, 2012 at 10:28 am

Oh Lisa, I hope you enjoyed the surprise! I wish we could celebrate in real life! It’s been way too long, yes…I hope our paths cross again real soon. In the meantime, take care of yourself and that sweet baby that is about to be born!! xoxo

Alyssa (Everyday Maven) October 17, 2012 at 5:12 pm

That is a great selection of books – I think we have read almost all of them countless times!

Angie October 17, 2012 at 6:09 pm

What a great iced tea recipe! Cute books too, perfect a new mommy!

Cassie October 17, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I Love Your Forever is my #1 favorite, I still cry when I read it. This tea is perfect – festive and seasonal!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles October 17, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I love everything about this post…the tea, the spot-on selection of books, and celebrating Lisa and their baby. :)

Jeanette October 17, 2012 at 11:11 pm

It seems so long ago but my favorite reads to my kids were Goodnight Moon and Guess How Much I Love You. What a fun event and congrats to Lisa!

Irvin @ Eat the Love October 18, 2012 at 4:02 am

Yay! The iced apple cinnamon tea sound awesome. Especially since it’s been super warm here in San Francisco. Iced apple cinnamon tea sounds perfect, cold and refreshing, but autumnal. And I love the book suggestions that you made! All classics.

Brian @ A Thought For Food October 18, 2012 at 1:50 pm

A lovely post! And some of these books were my favorites too. Great picks! :-)

Joanne @ Inspired Taste October 18, 2012 at 7:59 pm

This look lovely! So simple and perfect for Fall!

Julia @ Live Pretty October 19, 2012 at 9:13 am

Love the tea … and every book I would recommend is there :-) Great choices!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl October 21, 2012 at 10:14 am

Several years ago I visited Celestial Seasonings in Boulder and got to sit in the livingroom as pictured on the box of Sleepy Time Tea. Words can’t describe my excitement level. Such great tea!!

Melissa @ My Recent Favorite books June 22, 2013 at 9:34 am

This tea sounds delicious! =)
Love your additions!