Green Bean, Cherry Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad

Sometimes I’m just not in the mood to eat what the rest of my family is eating. Turkey burgers were on the dinner menu the other night, but I was craving something different…I was craving veggies.

My veggie drawer has been busting at the seams lately. Our pick ups from our CSA have been full of zucchinis, kholrabi, cauliflower as well as these pretty green and yellow beans.

While everyone’s burgers were on the grill, I quickly steamed up the beans and immediately threw them in an ice bath to keep them crisp. I quartered a few cherry tomatoes and added them along with some sliced almonds to the bowl of beans. Top with some crumbled goat cheese and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil and you’ve got yourself a nice light spring dinner for one.

Green Bean, Cherry Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad
Recipe created in Aggie’s Kitchen

bunch of green beans and/or yellow wax beans, lightly steamed
3-4 cherry or campari tomatoes, quartered
1-2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1 oz crumbled goat cheese
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
good pinch of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper

Combine cooled and dried steamed green and yellow beans along with tomatoes and almonds in a salad bowl. Top with goat cheese. Drizzle balsamic vinegar and olive oil over your salad and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Note: this could easily turned into a larger salad to serve at a picnic or barbecue by increasing the ingredients – perfect for spring and summer!

Enjoy!

More ways to serve up fresh green beans:

Three-Bean and Vidalia Onion Salad

Zesty Pesto Green Beans from Reluctant Entertainer

Pickled Vegetable Salad from The Meltaways

Green Beans, Lemon and Feta Cheese from Two Peas and Their Pod

18 Responses to “Green Bean, Cherry Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad”

1. Maria posted April 25, 2012 at 1:55 pm

So fresh! I could eat this salad every day!

• Aggies Kitchen posted April 25, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I love this time of year :)

2. Erica posted April 25, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I hear you! I always seem to prefer this alternative. Lately, ive been pushinggg the protein though

• Aggies Kitchen posted April 25, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I have such a hard time getting protein in lately. Just not craving it. Eating a lot of eggs, and fish…but nothing else has been appealing. Then I find myself hungry later in the day….need to change that.

3. j3nn posted April 25, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Sounds wonderful! Goat cheese is my secret weapon to taking things from tasty to WOW YUM! :)

• Aggies Kitchen posted April 25, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Goat cheese is a pretty darn good secret weapon if you ask me. Love it!

4. Pam @ The Meltaways posted April 25, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Now that looks amazing and something I would totally dig into! Thanks for the link to my salad, too! : D

• Aggies Kitchen posted April 25, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Loving your pickled veggies Pam! It reminds me of the giardinara my parent’s always had in the fridge.

5. Heather (Heather's Dish) posted April 25, 2012 at 5:00 pm

those beans are SO gorgeous! i’ve been the same way, craving veggies lately (as long as there’s a side of cheese!)

• Aggies Kitchen posted April 25, 2012 at 5:22 pm

thanks Heather! cheese is def a must!!

• Aggies Kitchen posted April 26, 2012 at 11:18 pm

can’t skip the cheese! :) hope you and the little one are doing well Heather!

6. Cassie posted April 25, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I am such a fan of goat cheese. This is quite, the combination, Aggie!

7. Jersey Girl Cooks posted April 26, 2012 at 6:32 pm

This is a great dinner! I tend to eat more veggies than the rest of the family too.

• Aggies Kitchen posted April 26, 2012 at 11:18 pm

I have to start keeping track of who likes what veggie in my fam, everyone has their own list it seems! :) I could fill up on them every night.

8. Paula- bell'alimento posted April 27, 2012 at 10:01 am

I love bean salads! Especially in the summer!

9. Alessandra posted May 3, 2012 at 12:36 pm

This salad looks wonderful. I often make more than one meal at dinner, just because of the little picky eaters in my house. I usually have the plate with salads that look like yours here. They are my favourite.

1. Pingback: Tomato and Ginger Salad

2. Pingback: Green Bean, Tomato, Potato Salad with Almond-Basil Pesto Recipe | Leite's Culinaria