Bittersweet…

I’m feeling sentimental today.

IMG_1897

(First day of PreK 3 and Kindergarten, August 2010)

My kids are finishing up their year of school. My daughter is spending her last day at the preschool that took such good care of both my kids and is now closing. My son is at his kindergarten field day and is ready for summer break. My kids are growing up.

(Christmas, 2010)

I’m a little teary. Happy teary, but still teary.

It’s been a good year. Both my kids have grown and changed so much, words can not express how proud I am of both of them.

(Easter, 2011)

We’ve got a fun summer ahead. Nothing really planned, other than visits from family, beach days, pool days, bowling, movies…lots of spontaneous, fun-filled days.

Exactly how summer should be.

**********************************************************************************************

Aaaaand…

If you came here looking for food…don’t worry, I won’t leave you hanging.

I guest posted over at Eat, Live, Run yesterday and shared a brand new recipe for Chili-Rubbed Fish with Quinoa, Corn and Black Bean Salad that is one of my new favorites. It’s absolutely perfect for this time of year. Enjoy!

21 Responses to “Bittersweet…”

1. jenna posted May 27, 2011 at 11:18 am

isn’t it crazy how much they grow in a year!! i makes me teary eyed too! :) they learn so much in a year as well! I hope you and your little one’s have a great summer!

2. Pam @ From Apples To Zucchini posted May 27, 2011 at 11:23 am

SO precious! My Son will be starting preschool this summer (I’m homeschooling), and I just can’t get over how fast he’s growing up! Enjoy the summer with your sweet little ones. :)

3. Liren posted May 27, 2011 at 11:28 am

I used to question why my children’s schools offered both fall and spring portraits, and now I appreciate them – what a difference just a few months make! They grow so much in just a year, it’s so sad! Enjoy the summer We have a few weeks left, can’t wait :)

• Aggies Kitchen posted May 27, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I agree, it’s really nice to have the fall and spring shots. I love seeing the difference! Enjoy your summer as well!

4. Caneel posted May 27, 2011 at 11:46 am

My girls have their last day of school today, too, Aggie, and I can so relate! The oldest finishes 2nd grade today and the youngest finishes PreK for *gulp* kindergarten to start next year. She’s only been half day until now. It’s tough, isn’t it? But I’m looking forward to vacations (which will be a little chaotic) and LAZY summer days and hope I can savor each moment I have with them before school starts again.

• Aggies Kitchen posted May 27, 2011 at 1:26 pm

I looooooove lazy days of summer. I’m hoping to have many of those. And some lazy ones at the beach too :)

I’m extra sad b/c at her new school my daughter will probably be going full days too. Its at same school as my son so it wouldn’t make sense for me to go to school 3 times a day (1 drop off, 2 pick ups)…so… :(

5. Erica posted May 27, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Aww :) You have two of the cutest kiddos! I’m sure you guys will have an AMAZING summer together. And what a dinner- healthy & hearty!

6. Judy posted May 27, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Awwwwww. They are so cute and it is amazing at how fast they grow. Just wait until they are heading into middle school (yes, I am facing that this year!!!!!). The recipe looks great. Have got to try the salad!

7. JulieD posted May 27, 2011 at 12:23 pm

They are so cute & that recipe looks great! I pinned so I can try it later. :) thanks, Aggie!

8. susan maxcy posted May 27, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Wow, Aggie, you’re right they are growing up!
    Your son looks just as I remember Joey at the same age!
    and the princess takes after her beautiful Mom!
    Enjoy the summer with them. They grow even faster with sunshine and fresh air!

• Aggies Kitchen posted May 27, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Oh thank you Susan!! I feel like your kids should still be this age!!
      Isn’t it funny how much Sammy reminds us of Joey? I love it. I can’t imagine what the sunshine and fresh air will do to them! They are bean poles as it is! :)

9. Maris (In Good Taste) posted May 27, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Your kids are absolutely beautiful! I am sure you cherish each moment with them as they grow so fast! Great guest post!

10. natalie (the sweets life) posted May 27, 2011 at 12:51 pm

what cuties! I long for the days when I spend summers with my kids :) You guys will have a blast!

11. fittingbackin posted May 27, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Can’t get enough quinoa – thanks for sharing!

And OMG those little cuties – they are so sweet!!

12. Amy @ A Little Nosh posted May 27, 2011 at 6:48 pm

My son goes to school all day, every day, and they don’t have a summer break. I love that, but we miss out on the “back to school” excitement every fall.

That fish and quinoa looks fab…headed over to check it out!

13. Kim {Recipes To Run On} posted May 27, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Aggie, your babies are BEAUTIFUL! So sweet. Isn’t it incredible how much they grow and change in one year???? Yay for SummerTime!!

14. Jamie posted May 27, 2011 at 11:00 pm

I love the “beginning and after” photos. What a difference a year makes. They do grow up quickly. The girls have 1 more week of school and then on to high school. Can you believe it? Can’t wait to see you all this summer.

PS…your dinner looks delish.

15. Mary posted May 28, 2011 at 9:45 am

Doesn’t time fly! lovely pictures. I miss those little kid days!
    Mary

16. Lenore posted May 28, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Oh your kids are just ADORABLE!!!!

17. Marian posted May 29, 2011 at 10:49 am

It has truly been an honor having your family be a part of my preschool and my life. I will miss seeing you but can follow your family through your wonderful blog. Can’t wait to try the Quinoa. I so love it! Have a great summer and remember you will always be a part of my heart.

18. Melanie Flinn posted June 1, 2011 at 12:54 pm

They are adorable! Little man you’ve got there (especially in that Easter post!). So cute! Enjoy your summer!