Spinach with Chili Oil – Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club

by Aggies Kitchen on April 12, 2010

IMG_0357

Don’t you love recipes with a short ingredient list?  Well that’s this month’s Virtual Supper Club’s theme…5 Ingredients or less, chosen by Jamie of Mom’s Cooking Club.  I loved the idea…and loved all the dishes everyone chose to bring to the table.

My dish was a very simple side.  The kind of side you can make any weeknight without too much fuss.  The recipe calls for chili oil, which I have had in the past…but didn’t this time.  No problem…just toss in some red pepper flakes into your oil while you saute your garlic.  The chili will infuse into the oil and add just enough flavor and heat.

IMG_0359

Here’s what else was on the menu this month…enjoy!

For starters…Chili Lime Shrimp from Shelby

Jamie brought the main dish…Sherried Pineapple Pork Tenderloin

On the Side…Spinach with Chili Oil (click for recipe)

For Dessert…Val treated us with Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar

On a side note…wanted to share with you my first interview featured on a local website Pulse of Central Florida! Thanks for the featuring the article Ashley!

bellini valli April 12, 2010 at 8:01 am

Even a simple side dish can rock a menu Aggie. Thank you for bringing this delicious dish. We will miss you in the Virtual Supper Club.

Erica April 12, 2010 at 8:10 am

First off- congrats on the article- that is so exciting. I’m telling you …companies should be knocking your door down ;) Love the simplicity of this meal! And I <3 red pepper flakes…I add them to everything. I want to try the balsamic berries too. Hope you have a great week

akeorlando April 12, 2010 at 9:24 am

No, thank you for having such an awesome blog, and for providing us content for our site. I’m always eager to help promote Central Floridians who are doing really cool things.

Now I’m off to daydream about that chili you recently posted about….

HoneyB April 12, 2010 at 9:56 am

Aggie, this looks delicious and I’m certain full of flavor! I think I may be stopping at the grocery on the way home today to buy a bag of spinach! Yum!

Bob April 12, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Great theme! The spinach looks wicked good.

Julie April 12, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Looks like a beautiful way to serve spinach :)

Jamie April 12, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Aggie, I just love the simplicity of this side dish and how healthy it is for you. I will definitely be making this. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the Central Florida article.

Jenn (www.j3nn.net) April 12, 2010 at 4:34 pm

I love sauteed spinach, it’s so flavorful and simple. :)

Jenn

pegasuslegend April 12, 2010 at 6:01 pm

looks delicious!

fittingbackin April 12, 2010 at 10:39 pm

oooh that looks fabulous! I’ve never sauteed spinach – love your ingredients here!

chelsey April 13, 2010 at 12:46 am

I saw this in cooking light! I thought “hey, I need to try this!”. You beat me to it. Looks like it was well enjoyed. Nothing is better than something simple and flavorful. The best of both worlds. Is there anyway I can join the virtual supper club? It looks like a blast.

Leslie April 13, 2010 at 8:29 am

I love love love spinach. I even loved it as a kid. loving the kicked up heat you added

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen April 13, 2010 at 11:16 am

This looks so good. I love spinach dishes of any kind – especially the ones that involve garlic! :)

Diana April 19, 2010 at 2:51 pm

This dish is calling my name! I love spinach.

tanger outlets November 6, 2010 at 9:44 pm