10 Things In My Fridge

by Aggies Kitchen on February 27, 2014

A friend once told me that she loves seeing what people have in their fridges (as she was peeking in mine). I have to admit, I do too.

I thought it would be fun to start a series here on the blog where each week (on Thursdays) you’ll be able to take a peek inside one of my blogger friends’ refrigerators…starting with mine!

10 Things In My Fridge | AggiesKitchen.com

1. Yogurt – holy yogurt! I always have a million different types of (mostly Greek) yogurt in my fridge. My kids have their favorites, my husband and I have our own and then there are the bigger sized tubs of French Vanilla for parfaits and Plain for a sour cream substitute. There may or may not be a couple of boxes of Greek yogurt tubes in the freezer for lunch boxes too. Apparently we are a family of Greek yogurt junkies.

2. Hot sauces, bbq sauces & mustards – I guess this qualifies as the condiment category? These are the big 3 we can’t live without. They are almost like collector’s items too, we love scouring the shelves of specialty and gourmet shops to try something new.

10 Things In My Fridge | AggiesKitchen.com

3. Feta – I don’t leave Costco without this huge container of feta. And when I do you know because almost every recipe I post for the next month has feta in it.

4. Milk(s) – every milk serves its purpose. 2% organic milk for the kids, unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or my new fave coconut milk) for my smoothies and refrigerator oats, and vanilla (sweetened) almond milk for my husband’s cereal. And then there is the French Vanilla Soy Creamer…does that qualify as milk too?

5. Flaxmeal – I’m over this huge bag of flaxmeal. It’s taking up too much real estate in my tiny counter depth fridge – note to self: do not purchase flaxmeal at Costco anymore.

6. Can of whipped cream – random purchase for birthday pecan pie last month. You can’t have pecan pie without whipped cream in my opinion. I’m wondering how long it will last in the fridge before a) we have another reason to use it or b) I chuck it.

7. Eggs – panic sets when we get down to the last 2 eggs. If we are lucky there is a backup package in our extra fridge in the garage.

10 Things In My Fridge | AggiesKitchen.com

8. Cheese – I know I mentioned feta, but that container is mostly used by just me. In my deli drawer I always have  blocks of cheese and cheese sticks for recipes and snacking. Blocks of cheese come in super handy when you have impromptu get-togethers, there is absolutely nothing bad about a plate of cheese, fruit and crackers alongside a bottle of wine. Or alongside juice boxes. :)

9. Bags of spinach – our family goes through a good amount of spinach each week. I should be proud of that right? We have spinach in smoothies, on sandwiches and in salads most every day.

10. Leftovers – I don’t love leftovers, but the right kind of leftovers make for great lunches throughout the week or easy dinners for the kids and husband when I just want a salad.

Hope you enjoyed this post! I’ve got some bloggers lined up over the next several weeks that are willing to open up their refrigerators for us…stay tuned!

Kim | Just For Clicks February 27, 2014 at 6:24 am

I LOVE this series idea. I am definitely one of those people who would love to know what everyone keeps on hand in their fridge. You always inspire me to have healthy, delicious food on hand for my family. And I love seeing your fridge for ideas of what to stock. Great series! LOVE IT!!!

Erica February 27, 2014 at 6:59 am

YES! Love seeing peoples fridges! I always feel like a crazy person when I’m buying Greek yogurt at the store…they must think we hoard it :) And eggs are very necessary for us too!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl February 27, 2014 at 7:57 am

OMG our fridges are almost identical!! Down to the flax and the spinach and the whipped cream!! Xoxo

Rachel Cooks February 27, 2014 at 9:14 am

I’m going to love this series — I’m so nosy! ;) Our fridges have lots of similarities!

Alyssa (Everyday Maven) February 27, 2014 at 9:35 am

I love peeping into other people’s fridges Aggie – this is fun!

Leah Barcan February 27, 2014 at 10:56 am

Love this idea! Thanks!

katie February 27, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Love this series! I can’t wait to see what everyone else has in their fridge!

NotYourMamasMartha! (@MrsShavers) February 27, 2014 at 4:50 pm

I love this post and may have to link up with you! Although my weekly check-ins might begin to bore some as they’d almost inevitably be the same. :)

JulieD February 27, 2014 at 5:41 pm

I love this, Aggie! I can’t wait to see more! And I’m not so surprised by what I see in your fridge!! :)

Aimee @ Simple Bites February 27, 2014 at 7:30 pm

This is so fun! Love the idea for a series.

We’re loving spinach in smoothies, too. It’s a great after school snack.

Gaby February 28, 2014 at 9:25 am

What a fun series!

Sheila February 28, 2014 at 9:41 am

I love seeing what’s in other peoples refrigerators too! I always love this series in Rachel Rays magazine ;) Can’t wait to nose around in more peoples friges ;)

Aggies Kitchen February 28, 2014 at 2:01 pm

I loved that part of the magazine too Sheila!

Sandy @ Reluctant Entertainer March 3, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Love what’s in your fridge, girl. I’m a little nervous now, seeing yours. HA HA. Love this! Congrats on the new seires, too, friend!

Kirsten@FarmFreshFeasts March 4, 2014 at 8:35 am

Aggie,
I was eyeing that tub of feta at Costco the other week–I think I’ll be picking it up before sled hockey season ends (and my weekly drives down to the closest Costco–which is right by the rink–cease).
I’ve got a pile of canning jars with 2-3 pieces of pickles, pickled beets, pickled turnips in the back of my fridge. Must finish them up. Can’t bring myself to declare it fully winter.

Laurianne March 6, 2014 at 8:10 pm

What do you do with two eggs? If my family is eating eggs for a meal, we easily use a dozen, or more…..just wait till Oliver is eating more, yikes?! And what on earth is flax meal? I have no idea what one would do with that. As for frozen tubes of yogurt in the freezer for kid lunches. I currently have enough for two kids five days a week until May……I had coupons and a good sale :) and fridge yogurt, we go through 30-40 containers a week!

Flavia March 12, 2014 at 10:08 am

Love this! I can’t wait to see who you continue to feature. And we also have the same fridges! :)