{Dinner for One} Rainbow Chard Tortilla Pizza

I really hope this recipe doesn’t scare you off. I know that it’s a little…different. It is honestly so delicious…I was hooked on it for days when my husband was out of town and I was dining alone in the evenings. Well, I wasn’t exactly alone, but when it’s just me and the kids, the kids are pretty happy with a bowl of buttered noodles and veggies while I am usually looking for something a little more exciting.

This tortilla pizza was exciting.

It was a random put together. I had sauteed some rainbow chard (oh how I love rainbow chard!!!) in a little olive oil and Aleppo pepper…and needed to eat it with something. I had some homemade salsa in the fridge, and the rest just happened. It was a building process…the beans and Ezekiel tortilla were my protein, the greens my super veggie, and the salsa was the flavor.

I can seriously eat like this everyday.

Rainbow Chard Tortilla Pizza

Recipe from Aggie’s Kitchen

Ezekiel Sprouted Tortilla
Sauteed Rainbow Chard with Aleppo Pepper
Pinto Beans, drained, rinsed and dried (I prefer Bush’s Beans pintos)
Red Onion, sliced
Homemade Salsa

Pre-heat oven or toaster oven to 400.

Take your defrosted Ezekiel tortilla and place on baking sheet (tip: to keep bottom of tortilla crisp and to avoid getting too soggy, I preheat baking sheet with the oven so that it’s already hot when the tortilla hits it). Spread thin layer of salsa on tortilla then top with thinly sliced red onion, sauteed rainbow chard and pinto beans. Bake in oven for about 5-7 minutes or until tortilla is crisp and slightly browned. Take out and let cool. Drizzle salsa over top, slice and serve (to yourself).

29 Responses to “{Dinner for One} Rainbow Chard Tortilla Pizza”

1. Heather (Heather's Dish) posted September 20, 2011 at 8:00 am

as mush as i’m not in love with rainbow chard this does sound really good right now! and would work with other greens – even better :) yum!

2. leslie posted September 20, 2011 at 8:02 am

Different or not….it looks delicious!

3. Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray posted September 20, 2011 at 8:23 am

I think it looks delicious! You make me want to eat more more healthfully. :)

4. Cookin' Canuck posted September 20, 2011 at 8:43 am

Oh no, this recipe isn’t scaring me off at all. Actually, it looks pretty darn good to me. It looks as though it’s packed with flavor (and nutrients).

5. Bev Weidner posted September 20, 2011 at 9:27 am

I could seriously set up camp on that pizza and eat my way to a perfect life.

6. Deborah posted September 20, 2011 at 9:29 am

You seriously make eating healthy look SO good. I need to follow your example a little better!!

7. J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) posted September 20, 2011 at 10:18 am

I love using tortillas for pizza, they’re so yummy. I usually end up folding them over into a sandwich, lol. Love your Mexican toppings, sounds good.

8. Jersey Girl Cooks posted September 20, 2011 at 11:53 am

Looks so good! No one in my house would eat that either so i can make one and have it all to myself!

9. Caneel posted September 20, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Mmmm, this looks fabulous! I love making personal tortilla pizzas – I’ve been on kick for them lately.

10. Kiran @ KiranTarun.com posted September 20, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I love simple recipes like this.. Looks so delicious and nutritious too :)

11. Erica posted September 20, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Great dinner for one!! I will remember this for joshs next trip!!

12. Maria posted September 20, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I could eat this every night for dinner!

13. zerrin posted September 20, 2011 at 1:44 pm

A great combination! I like your creativity!

14. Cut `n Clean Greens posted September 20, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Wow, does this look great! We would like to share this on our Facebook page and link so readers can come here and see the recipe and your lovely photos. We invite you to come LIKE our page if you wish https://www.facebook.com/Cut.n.Clean.Greens.
    We <3 chard!
    We also just fell in love with Penzey's Aleppo Pepper, too! Serendipity…
    –Dorothy, for Cut `n Clean Greens

15. natalie (the sweets life) posted September 20, 2011 at 2:41 pm

this sounds fabulous to me! I love making meals for one like this when my hubby is out of town or at class late!

16. Suzi posted September 20, 2011 at 4:50 pm

This tortilla swiss chard and pinto combination does look good and with the hot pepper. I have rainbow swiss chard coming up in my garden right now, I think here in Florida it might be a fall veggie. I sure hope so.

17. Barbara @ Barbara Bakes posted September 20, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Love the idea of making pizza out of a tortilla. I’ll have to look for the rainbow chard.

18. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. posted September 21, 2011 at 8:24 am

Love this ideas! looks great! Miss you girl!

19. What a creative spin on pizza! I bet it tastes delicious and I imagine its a good source of fiber with all of those fabulous ingredients you used. Another wonderful recipe to add to my “to cook” list.

20. Mari @ Mari's Cakes posted September 21, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Lovely pizza!! It looks very yummy. It is a recipe i would love to try soon. Thanks Aggie :)

21. Francisca Amenábar posted September 21, 2011 at 5:26 pm

This pizza looks so nice, colourful and tasty.
    Greetings from Chile.

22. Kim {Recipes To Run On} posted September 21, 2011 at 7:59 pm

First, this looks so good. Very creative. I wish I could bring the wine and we could share this. Second, your photography is rockin’! So Good!!!!

23. Winnie posted September 21, 2011 at 9:16 pm

This is right up my alley! I love Ezekiel tortillas, etc. I am kind of addicted to their English muffins lately…

24. Cara posted September 22, 2011 at 10:12 am

Sounds good to me! But I like just about everything “different” :)

25. Kat @ Big Apple Little Kitchen posted September 25, 2011 at 6:09 pm

I love love love rainbow chard and am always looking for new recipes….this one looks like a winner!

26. Jeanette posted September 27, 2011 at 11:47 am

That is a pizza I could eat every day too! Although I know some people don’t like swiss chard, it happens to be one of my favorites – I love the rainbow chard best of all – so naturally beautiful.

27. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective posted February 28, 2012 at 8:11 am

That is one gorgeous pizza!

1. Pingback: Swiss Card with White Beans in Tomato Sauce over Pasta | Aggie's Kitchen

2. Pingback: Kale and Chard Green Power Salad with Maple Vinaigrette | Aggie's Kitchen