A Special Birthday and a Side of Fries

My baby boy turns SEVEN today. I can not believe I am the mother of a 7 year old. I swear, he was just born the other day. People are not kidding when they say having kids makes time fly by.

(special breakfast today…Daddy’s grilled cheese but only because mama forgot to buy eggs to make chocolate chip pancakes! Boo!)

I feel like he was just 7 weeks old…

Or 2…

Even 3 years old…

Now he’s all grown up… an awesome big brother and even more awesome son. Gosh, I just LOVE this kid!!

(He’s 4 here…)

We are going to celebrate him today…go kart racing after school then at his request headed to a hibachi steakhouse for some dinner, then home for some brownie sundaes and of course….presents!!  (We will be in LEGO heaven this evening…). Happy Birthday Sammy!!! xoxoxo

*************************************************************************************************

While you’re here…I have to share with you these awesome Baked Boardwalk Fries that my fam and I just can’t get enough of. I just posted them on Babble so head over there to check out the recipe! Serious yum!!

30 Responses to “A Special Birthday and a Side of Fries”

1. Ayngelina posted September 8, 2011 at 10:59 am

That Tigger outfit is adorable!

2. Nelly Rodriguez posted September 8, 2011 at 11:09 am

Oh he is SOO adorable! Happy Birthday to him! Love the birthday plans :) Enjoy and wear thick socks so no one gets hurt stepping on legos!!

3. Deborah posted September 8, 2011 at 11:14 am

Happy birthday to your little guy!!

4. Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray posted September 8, 2011 at 11:54 am

He is so adorable! And so is your daughter! Love the breakfast grilled cheese, how fun! Enjoy your day with your seven year old! :)

5. Erica posted September 8, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Awwww! Happy birthday to your little man. The tiger picture is too cute for words!

6. Bev Weidner posted September 8, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Happy Birthday to your little man!

Watch out, he’s a cutie. ;)

7. paula posted September 8, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Love the pictures! Brings back such memories.

8. Cookin' Canuck posted September 8, 2011 at 1:46 pm

It sounds as though you have a great day planned. Happy Birthday to your little guy – who looks so much like you, by the way.

9. susan maxcy posted September 8, 2011 at 2:19 pm

OK~ so Happy Happy Birthday to that “Joey” “Minnie-me!” You know know I’m talkin’ about!!! What a sweetheart! Enjoy the day!

10. Jeanette posted September 8, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Happy birthday to your son, how precious! Love the Old Bay Seasoning on those fries!

11. Caneel posted September 8, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Awww, Happy Birthday to him! What a great post, Aggie!

12. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen posted September 8, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Happy Birthday to your little man, hope he has a great day!

13. Maria posted September 8, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Happy birthday to your handsome son! Love the photos!

14. Roxana GreenGirl posted September 8, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Happy birthday to your little man. The photos are precious!

15. Denise @ Creative Kitchen posted September 8, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Awww…..what a cutie! Happy Birthday!! Aggie…it does by SO fast….frightening so sometimes. Sounds like you have a great day planned for him!!

Today is also my hubby’s cousin’s birthday…and mine is Sunday (9/11).

Have a GREAT weekend!!

16. Donna posted September 9, 2011 at 12:20 am

Happy Birthday to your lil’ guy! He is quite handsome and what a beautiful smile!

17. Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom} posted September 9, 2011 at 12:26 am

Awww! Happy Birthday little man! They sure do grow fast. My oldest turned 7 in June and I honestly could not come to grips with the fact I had a kid that old. I hope you had a fun day celebrating.

18. Georgia Pellegrini posted September 9, 2011 at 1:19 am

What an adorable family you have!

19. Shelby posted September 9, 2011 at 6:38 am

Aw, aren’t our children just the best thing that ever happened to us! Happy Birthday to your little man!

20. Marian posted September 9, 2011 at 8:57 am

This brought tears to my eyes. Yes he grew up fast. Love that boy. Hope everyone is having a fantastic year in school. Gonna try those yummy fries!

21. Marly posted September 9, 2011 at 11:18 am

What a cutey – hope he had a great birthday!

22. Carolyn posted September 9, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Happy birthday to your little (big) man! I have a boy who will turn 7 in November. Crazy!

23. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen posted September 9, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Aggie this made me cry. :( My babies are growing up too fast too!

24. merry jennifer posted September 10, 2011 at 8:21 am

I hope the birthday boy had a great day yesterday! Isn’t it just amazing how time flies with children?

25. Jamie posted September 10, 2011 at 8:29 am

Looks like Sammy had an Awesome birthday. We just love that kid too! Now, I need to check out that boardwalk fries recipe.

26. Lenore posted September 11, 2011 at 11:42 am

Aggie, I say it all the time on twitter, but your kids are just so adorable! Happy birthday to Sammy!

Also, those fries look sooooo good.

27. Yuri @ Chef Pandita posted September 11, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Happy Birthday to your little man! Such a cutie :) love the tiger outfit. Time flies by, especially when you have kids. Today they are babies, tomorrow they are dating and stuff… *sigh*

28. Marla posted September 13, 2011 at 12:32 am

Awww, this post is happy & weepy at the same time. Such a fun way to celebrate Sammy. I hope he had a blast on his 7th birthday!! xxoo

29. Dana posted September 15, 2011 at 1:08 am

My oldest turns 7 at the end of November and I totally know what you mean – how did this happen? It sounds so cliche but where did the time go? Congrats to you!

1. Pingback: Baked Old Bay Fries | Aggie's Kitchen