Blueberry Munchkin Muffins

by Aggies Kitchen on July 28, 2008

Blueberries are everywhere right now, I’m seeing all kinds of great blueberry recipes on blogs and in magazines.  Here’s another one!  It’s for blueberry muffins, but on a healthier note.  My kids love little muffins, and can eat a ton of them.  So I don’t feel as bad about what they are eating when they are eating these!

I got this recipe from a mom of one of my son’s schoolmates, it looks like she got it from Nick Jr. family website.
Enjoy!

2 large eggs, beaten
1 6 oz container low fat blueberry yogurt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly coat 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.  Set aside
For topping:  Combine the oats, wheat germ, sugar, canola oil, and cinnamon in a small bowl.  Set aside.
For batter:  Whisk together flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Ina another bowl, combine eggs, yogurt, sugar, oil and vanilla.  Blend well.
Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.  Gently stir in the blueberries.
Spoon batter into muffin cups.  Sprinkle with the topping; gently press down with the back of a spoon.  Bake 15-17 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool 5 minutes.  Remove muffins and cool 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition info (per 2 muffin serving):  90 calories, 7 g fat (1g saturated fat), 28 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein

Deborah July 28, 2008 at 8:15 pm

I wish I could find a decent deal on fresh blueberries – but they are usually pretty expensive here. Thank goodness for frozen blueberries!

Lisa July 28, 2008 at 9:19 pm

Oh, I love healthy muffins. These look so food and cute!

Mary Ann July 29, 2008 at 2:33 am

my kids love, love, love blueberry muffins, so I know I am going to have to give this one a try!

hot garlic July 29, 2008 at 2:59 am

Great blog! You have some really good ideas.

Prudy July 29, 2008 at 3:32 am

Cute title and adorable muffins-I need healthy stuff!

Jenny July 29, 2008 at 4:43 am

Love love love little muffins. It makes you feel not so guilty eating a handful. I had no idea nick jr had recipes, I’ll have to check it out next time my son is playing.

Selina July 29, 2008 at 12:53 pm

Hi there! Thanks so much for visiting Let’s Chow!! These muffins look delish, and I definitely love blueberries. I love how these are made with some whole wheat flour, too. I’ll see ya around in the food blog world!

doudoune moncler jacket November 25, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Le ballon géant de la boisson emblématique Kid amicale servirait plus de 10.000 gallons de Kool-Aid si elle était un lanceur de réel.

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl July 7, 2013 at 9:37 am

These are the cutest muffins ever!!