Game Day Recipes – Chicken Wings and Cajun Pasta Salad

by Aggies Kitchen on October 15, 2008

Short and sweet post for me today…one of those weeks!

I was able to get the recipe for those tasty wings we had over the weekend.

Thanks Suzette and Josh!

Chicken Wings
Recipe from Suzette

2 lbs chicken wings
1 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp dry lemon pepper seasoning salt
1 1/2 tsp dry dill seasoning (Or look for a seasoning called “It’s A Dilly” which has it all)
Dry Ranch Dressing Packet
Fresh Ground Pepper

Combine oil, lemon pepper seasoning and dill seasoning in bowl. Pour over chicken wings and let marinate for 4-6 hours.

Place wings in an oven pan covered w/foil and sprinkle liberally with Dry Ranch Dressing packet and fresh ground pepper….cook 425 degree for about 35-40 minutes. Watch them closely! Serve with Ranch dressing and cut celery.

And here’s the recipe for the pasta salad I put together over the weekend. Lots of crunchy veggies and great flavor!

Cajun Pasta Salad
Recipe by Aggie

1/2 box of cooked and cooled whole wheat pasta (bow ties or penne)
4 – 6 Andouille sausages, grilled and cut in large pieces
1 cup of corn (grilled and cut off cob)
bunch of green onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 poblano pepper, chopped
bunch grape tomatoes, halved
can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (optional)

Cajun Dressing
1 cup of mayonnaise (I used light)
3 tsp of Cajun seasoning
2-3 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
juice from 1 large lemon
Salt and Pepper to taste

Combine ingredients for salad in large bowl. In small bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing. Fold dressing into pasta salad and combine gently. Enjoy!

Share/Save/Bookmark

Barbara Bakes October 15, 2008 at 5:14 pm

The Cajun pasta salad looks so fresh and tasty – I loved it!

Pam October 15, 2008 at 5:59 pm

Adding dill to the wings sounds really great. The cajun pasta salad has all my favorites!

Sharon October 15, 2008 at 6:46 pm

Both sound delicious! My football team is off this weekend, but I’ll have to save these recipes for the next!

harpervalley October 15, 2008 at 7:52 pm

I’m a wing worshiper and I’m so making those wings!

*Priscilla* October 15, 2008 at 11:11 pm

those look soo good…wings are one of my favorite appetizers. her hostess was suzette?? wow, i have a cousin named that – rare name!

Paula October 16, 2008 at 6:33 am

Oh Aggie, you did goooood! This wing recipe is unlike any I’ve seen before, and you know I’ll have to try it. I love that pasta salad, too. With that flavorful sausage and the grilled corn! Oh, I can just imagine the first bite. YUM!

Kirsten October 16, 2008 at 12:45 pm

I like the way you did the wings. I’m getting sick of always just having buffalo wings, I will have to try this version.

Girl Japan October 16, 2008 at 1:09 pm

Wow, the wings, the salad, del,del, delish! I am really fond of cajun spice and foods in general, what a way to spice it up, the salad looks fabulous.

Prudy October 16, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Yummy! I love that last picture before you mixed the salad.

Maria October 16, 2008 at 2:24 pm

I love game day. We are going to the CO, Kansans State game this weekend and I can’t wait! Fun foods always make the game better!

Mary Ann October 16, 2008 at 2:39 pm

These look perfect for the weekend! Great party food, Aggie!

Colleen October 16, 2008 at 6:04 pm

how much of the dill do you put in? the reciped only says 1 1/2. i’m thinking maybe 1 1/2 tsp. is that right.

Aggie October 16, 2008 at 6:09 pm

I just updated the dill amount to 1 1/2 tsp! Oops! Thanks Colleen!

Bridgett October 16, 2008 at 10:20 pm

I am hopelessly addicted to chicken wings whenever they are presented although I could easily get sidetracked by your cajun pasta. Now that sounds really delicious. Thanks for your comment about the biscotti. I also loved the cranberry pistachio one but I enjoyed Giada’s Chocolate anise biscotti better. I think the chocolate is what gets me each time!

hot garlic October 17, 2008 at 1:20 pm

I’m having one of those weeks too, and am desperately trying to catch up so your brevity is much appreciated, but only this once!

It all looks delicious as usual and thanks for all of your comments and well wishes, you’re too good to me!

Dawn October 17, 2008 at 4:34 pm

That pasta salad! Is calling me!! Oh you are so killing me with that.

Jenny October 17, 2008 at 4:54 pm

Yum Aggie,
It all looks terrific. I’d be happy eating this any day of the week!