- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can Bush’s Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
For the rice bowls:
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- sliced avocado
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- hot sauce
- extra salsa
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add your ground turkey to pan and break up with a wooden spoon.
- As your ground turkey is browning, add your bell pepper, onion and spices to the meat mixture. Continue to cook for about 5-7 minutes until veggies are softened and turkey is cooked through.
- Add black beans and salsa to turkey mixture and gently stir to combine. Turn off heat.
- Build your rice bowls by adding a scoop of brown rice to your bowl, then topping with turkey and black bean mixture. Add toppings of choice but I love to add shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado, Greek yogurt and hot sauce.
Change up your Taco Tuesday routine with these easy Taco Turkey & Black Bean Rice Bowl. These tasty rice bowls are also great for meal prep!
Keywords: mexican, rice, turkey, black beans