- 2 zucchini, shredded using a box grater
- 2 yellow squash, shredded using a box grater
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 4 heaping tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- big pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- To prepare squash for fritter mixture you must squeeze all of the water out first. Take a small batch of shredded zucchini and squash and place in the center of a clean dish towel. Pull sides of dish towel up and standing over your sink turn into a ball by twisting – squeezing all of the water out of the vegetable in the process. Repeat a couple of times per batch. Place squeezed shredded zucchini and squash into a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs to shredded zucchini and squash and using a fork, combine. Add a big pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper along with 4 heaping tablespoons of flour and Parmesan cheese. Gently stir until mixture is combined.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil to pan. Using a fork, scoop out a small amount of fritter mixture (about a heaping tablespoon worth) and place into skillet. Using your utensil, carefully spread out the fritter mixture to form a small thin pancake shape. Cook each fritter for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.