For the Salad:
- 5 oz arugula
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cooked beets, cut into strips
- 1 large orange, segmented
- 1/4 cup Fisher Walnut Halves and Pieces, rough chopped
For the Toasted Walnut Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup light oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Fisher Walnut Halves and Pieces, finely chopped and toasted
- juice from segmented orange used in salad (about 1/4 cup)
- big pinch coarse salt and pepper
- On a large salad plate, layer arugula, goat cheese, beets and segmented oranges. Season lightly with a pinch of coarse salt and fresh ground pepper.
- In a small jar, combine oil, vinegar, toasted chopped walnuts and orange juice. Add a pinch of coarse salt and pepper and shake vigorously until well combined. Serve with salad.