- 1–2 handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese
- 2–3 slices Baked Breaded Eggplant, warmed in oven or toaster oven and cut in strips
- kalamata olives, optional
- Simple Red Wine Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Simple Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon
- 1 small pinch dried oregano
- small pinch salt and fresh ground pepper
- On large plate assemble salad starting with fresh spinach leaves. Top spinach with cherry tomatoes, sliced onion, shredded cheese, kalamata olives (optional) and eggplant. Dress lightly with Simple Red Wine Vinaigrette, to taste.
For the Vinaigrette
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or air tight container. Shake until well blended.