- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 links chicken sausage (I used Aidells Chicken and Apple sausage), chopped in quarters
- 2–3 zucchinis, chopped into quarters
- 2–3 yellow squash, chopped into quarters
- 1 can light red kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 can northern beans, with liquid
- 1 box of organic chicken stock
- 1/2 10 oz bag fresh leaf spinach
- Saute onion, garlic and sausage in 1 tsp olive oil over medium high heat, for about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and squash and continue to saute for about 5-8 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add both cans of beans with liquid, leaving 1/4 of the northern beans leftover in can. With spoon, mash beans into thick mixture. Add 1 TB of water to mashed bean mixture, swirl around, then add to soup pot. This will thicken up the soup a bit.
- Add chicken stock and bring soup to boil. Once soup reaches boil, add spinach and bring down to a simmer. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes.