- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast (about 3 chicken breasts)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 6 English Muffins or Sandwich Thins, split and lightly toasted
- sliced tomatoes
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place chicken breast in crockpot. Season with oregano, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper on both sides. Cook on high for 4 hours or low on 6 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, shut off crock pot and take chicken out and place into a large bowl. Shred chicken using two forks. Add pesto to warm shredded chicken and gently toss to combine.
- Preheat broiler. Place English muffin or Sandwich Thin halves on a large cookie sheet. Spoon equal amounts of chicken onto each piece of bread. Top with sliced tomato and desired amount of mozzarella.
- Place cookie sheet under broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese melts. Watch carefully because this happens fast!
- Serve alongside a green salad for a light, flavorful dinner.