- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can water (I use the can of diced tomatoes to grab all the leftover flavor)
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 15 oz can Bush’s Pinto Beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 8 hours or high heat for 4 hours.
- Serve chili with your favorite fixings: shredded cheese, plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, avocado, green onion, cilantro
Salt will need to be adjusted according to taste, depending on the broth you use as well as the canned tomatoes and beans. I added 1/4 teaspoon to the recipe initially and then after tasting added a pinch or two until I thought it was right.
I use the Crock Pot 6-Quart Programmable Oval Slow Cooker with Stove Top Browning (affiliate link).
Store leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator for 3-4 days. I love storing my leftovers in these glass storage containers.