- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced small (use whatever color you have)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 lb chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 2 cans of Bush’s Cannelini or Northern White Beans, drained
- shredded cheddar cheese
- plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- cooked quinoa
- In your your slow cooker, add celery, onion, garlic, bell pepper, chili powder, jalapeno flakes (if using), cumin and chicken broth. Season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides and layer them on top of rest of ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, lift lid and using 2 forks, shred your chicken breasts into pieces and spread throughout soup. Add 2 cans of beans to soup and stir. Cover and let cook for another 30 minutes or so. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust accordingly.
- To serve, add a scoop of cooked quinoa to your soup bowl and cover with your chicken and white bean soup. Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt and shredded cheddar cheese.