- 2 lbs chicken breast (about 4 –5 breasts)
- 1 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (just enough to cover and coat chicken)
- salt and pepper
- English muffin halves
- shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- additional barbecue sauce
- Add chicken breasts to your slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Pour barbecue sauce over chicken, until just covered. Use a fork or tongs to flip chicken so that completely coated. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- When chicken is done, gently shred by pulling apart with 2 forks.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place English muffin halves on a baking sheet under the broiler for a minute or until lightly toasted. Pull out and top each muffin half with shredded chicken, additional barbecue sauce and shredded cheese of choice. Broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with additional sauce if desired, and a nice salad for a healthy meal!