- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp (1/2 pound)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium zucchini (14 ounces total), spiralized using the thick setting and cut into 6-inch lengths
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon of the oregano, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt, and pepper to taste. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until they are just opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the same skillet and add the garlic. Cook, stirring, until golden, 30 to 60 seconds (be careful not to burn it). Add the zucchini noodles, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon oregano, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring, until the zucchini is crisp-tender, 1 1/2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, stir and remove the pan from heat.
- Divide the noodles between 2 plates. Dividing evenly, top with the shrimp, feta, and lemon zest. Serve hot.
Calories 238 / Fat 10 g / Saturated Fat 4 g / Fiber 2.5 g / Protein 26 g
To make this recipe you’ll need:
Nonstick Skillet (I use these)
Tongs (I use these)
Recipe courtesy of Skinnytaste Fast and Slow by Gina Homolka